Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Tales

Options
  • 04-09-2008 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello Irish people!

I'm from austria and i was looking for an irish board, so i found this one.

I'm 17 years old and we will travel to Ireland in 21th of September with school.

We have to write about topics that are given from our teachers.

My Topic is: "Heroic Tales"

I think that is very interesting.

So I'm quite finished with my work but i'm looking for a good story. My presentation is centered about Cuchulain and the Ulster Cycle.

So what tale would you suggest? It shouldn't be too long.

Greetings from Austria.

(If something isn't clear because of my not too good english, then ask ;-D)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭madziuda

Not quite sure what you're looking for, but if it's reasearch on Irish myths, folk tales and stuff I'd reccommend this site : http://www.luminarium.org/mythology/ireland/

Plenty of stuff there, the Celtic Heroes section would, I suppose, be most relevant to your assignment with stories (and story summaries!) about Cuchulainn and other Celtic heroes.

Best of luck and hope you'll enjoy your trip to Ireland (make sure you bring a raincoat, though!) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Austrian

Thanks!

That was what i was looking for!

But if someone asks you about a story from Ireland, what answer would you give? What story or what hero (who) would you mention?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭madziuda

Personally, I'd go with Fionn McCumhaill and the salmon of knowledge - short and sweet and teaches you that fish is good for you ;)

Can't go wrong with this one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

What about the Cattle Raid of Cooley?

Advertisement