Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Beer Off Licences in the Midlands?

Options
  • 04-09-2008 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any good beer off licences in the midlands area?
    Ones with a good selection of world beers!!:pac:

Best I've found so far is a little offie in Mullingar called The Old Stand. Its just down from M&S. Its a fairly small place but has a surprisingly good selection of beer in there!!:)

Anyone no of any other places??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

There's an O'Briens across from Golden Island in Athlone. Not as quirky as The Old Stand, but not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Cheers Occidental, I'll have to give it a look the next time I'm up that direction.
    Theres a serious lack of interestin beer in the midlands!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭coillcam

Cana on castle street, mullingar has a decent selection beers and wine there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

coillcam wrote: »
    Cana on castle street, mullingar has a decent selection beers and wine there too.

Yea, was in that place before. It's a nice place. Great selection.

Last two times I was in Mullingar though it looked as if it was closin, shelfs empty and then just closed in the middle of the day. Hopefully its not!!:(

They seem to have a website though Clicky so hopefully they were just renovating or something!

Cheers coillcam

Advertisement