Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much money to bring to OZ(working holiday)

Options
  • 04-09-2008 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi,
    I thought I`d be able to get a simple answer to this but everyone seems to have a wildly different view on it.
    Few of us are planning on going at the end of november, one is bring 12 grand euro, another about 8 grand etc etc.
    What amount would people recommend is a good/safe amount to bring that`ll at the very least allow some time to relax/look for a job and still be able to enjoy ourselves?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

oglaigh wrote: »
    Hi,
    I thought I`d be able to get a simple answer to this but everyone seems to have a wildly different view on it.
    Few of us are planning on going at the end of november, one is bring 12 grand euro, another about 8 grand etc etc.
    What amount would people recommend is a good/safe amount to bring that`ll at the very least allow some time to relax/look for a job and still be able to enjoy ourselves?

cheers

how long you going for and what you wanna do, how long is a piece of string really!

Im heading in november also and heading for two weeks in thailand first and then a few weeks in sydney before heading down to melbourne. I am bringing about €6000 i hope, about a grand for the time in thailand although will prob use a lot less and then about €1500 for my two weeks in sydney and then the rest to get set up in melbourne. Sounds enough to me but could be way off.

Id say you can get by on little money if you want and can spend as much as you want as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

oglaigh wrote: »
    Hi,

cheers
    ^^^
    exactly, how long is a piece of string?
    It really depends on your lifestyle? how much you intend to work, how much you intend to party, how much you intend to travel?

Don't forget to money money aside for accommodation, if e.g. you are paying $150 pw, you might need a deposit of 4 weeks and a weeks rent
    so that would be $750 straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Cabbage Brained

Impossible to answer really. Do out a budget, being realistic with yourself about how much you're going to be drinking and going out.

Advertisement