Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Sky free channels

• 04-09-2008 8:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am currently thinking of getting rid of my Sky subscription and moving to Terrestial signal for a while. I am wondering when I tell Sky to cancel my subscription what channels I will be left with to watch on the Skybox as freetoair channels.
    I know that I won't get RTE, Network2 etc., but will I be able to receive the BBC and some of the Discovery channels?
    Does anyone have a list of the channels I can get in Ireland free from Skybox without subscription?

Thanks Hugh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭ongarite

You will get BBC1-4, ITV1-4, CH4,E4 & MORE4 and some FTA news & music channels.
    No Dave, Living, Paramount or Discovery channels without subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭rogue.goofball

If you just take out your card will that not tell you?
    I guess anything that is left should be free and un-encrypted.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

You'll need to try getting the default-UK EPG though.

Go to Sky News, press Red to go into the interactive section. Remove viewing card while in Interactve, then press Sky button to get back to normal again. EPG *should* reload with default UK EPG, with BBC1 on 101, etc, and BBC Three etc. also listed on the EPG (they're not listed on Irish EPG of course).

Advertisement