Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good c++ application?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

totally depends on the distro of linux and i've no experience using your distro.

most commonly it can be found with a right-click on the desktop i find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

^ +1
    Though apparently it's File->Terminal, in the file browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Thanks guys, gcc:command not found :rolleyes:

Getting laptop repaired and buying a netbook anyway, this machine is a temp stand in :pac:

But would be nice to have some way of doing a bit of c after college, it's my first week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

ugh don't use Dev C++

it hasn't been updated in..years?

Sorry for digging up an old thread :D

Recommendations for a c/c++ compiler for vista? Have visual c++ and bloodshed installed and bloodshed wont seem to run (but compiles fine) and visual studio seems not to like me either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I can't say for sure as I don't run Vista but I imagine the most current version of Visual Studio Express should run okay.

malice_ wrote: »
    I can't say for sure as I don't run Vista but I imagine the most current version of Visual Studio Express should run okay.

Yeah I have it installed. It opens .cpp files I know that work fine. But doesn't seem to be an option to compile and run them? Like, the green "play" button is disabled. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

Make a C++ console application project then add that file to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

GrumPy wrote: »
    Yeah I have it installed. It opens .cpp files I know that work fine. But doesn't seem to be an option to compile and run them? Like, the green "play" button is disabled. :o
    That's odd! Have you got a project and solution created for it? I don't have 2008 installed on this computer (it's running 2003) but I think it's the same scenario. You can't just create a file and run it, it needs a project.

Advertisement