Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E mails not being received from certain people

Options
  • 04-09-2008 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there, I hope someone can help me with an e mail problem, I am a professional singer and have a wedding band, most of my work comes via my website, links from other websites and magazines. I have had an e mail problem for the last 6 weeks or so and it's cost me a lot in lost work. Anyway the problem is that i am not getting e mails from certain people (there is no particular trend) My "service provider" has been no help, but a great guy at novara (who I regitered the domain name with) finally seems to have found what the problem is. There seems to be records held in eircom that need to be removed. I know I havn't given a lot of detail here but I don't want to get anyone (or myself) into trouble. How do I get these records off eircom systems? I havent a clue what to do and the guy who did all the website stuff for me is not interested in helping me any more despite having paid him a large whack of money. Anyway this all might seem a bit vague so apologies I would appreciate some advice, my business won't survive at this rate and my provider doesn't care

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Cat5

Did you at some stage previously have the domain registered or held by Eircom?
    if so its Eircom you'll need to contact..and I'm afraid they are pretty slow at stuff like that.. you could try a dns look up to see what way your records currently are..

http://www.kloth.net/services/nslookup.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cathmur

Thanks a million for that I will check this out. I found out today that the domain had been held by someone else so I reckon you are spot on.....will follow this up. Fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

This happened to a nearby company a few months ago.

The previous holder of the domain had registered the domain with eircom, complete with virtual mail server, and let it expire.
    Eircom had not removed the server from their system.

I had to phone the sales dept at eircom.net to ask them to remove the virtual mail server from their system. (not support. )

Took a bit of explaining, to convince them that it was their issue, about 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭johnmd

Hello
    I suspect that your previous domain was registered with EIrcom,your DNS was also hosted with them,when you moved you failed to inform eircom to tell them to remove the DNS records for your domain.
    This means that when an external non eircom customer sends you an email,it gets through,but when an email that originates from within the eircom corporate network is send,the DNS being queried are the old servers.Email is then delivered into the old email account/mail solution that you had with eircom.

Contact eircom.net 703100
    Ask for sales
    Explain that your domain and email are with another provider.
    Tell them that you are going to send a fax in asking them to take down the DNS records for the domain and to remove any email solution still in place for that domain.

That should fix your issue.

Regards

John Doyle.

Advertisement