Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

means tested on last years earnings

• 04-09-2008 9:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭

Does anyone know the 'cut off point' to qualify for jobseekers allowance based on last years earnings from self employment? Went bust around May 08,on health board payments since, received letter today stating my application for JA is closed due to no document given for last years earnings. Have written to my accountant ( ex accountant ) for details. I believe its means tested,earned about 70k last year,money long gone.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

Does anyone know the 'cut off point' to qualify for jobseekers allowance based on last years earnings from self employment? Went bust around May 08,on health board payments since, received letter today stating my application for JA is closed due to no document given for last years earnings. Have written to my accountant ( ex accountant ) for details. I believe its means tested,earned about 70k last year,money long gone.

Yikes that doesn't sound good

One reason I never did self employed is the issue that in theory you could wait for one year to get welfare payments and would be dependant on the whims of the health boards payment while waiting out the year

often when self employed you go bust the banks whatever take everthing especialy money

So there you are no toolss to kep going no money to get going and the risk to be with no money for one year if you meet some fachist SOB in the heath board that wants to stave you to death for entertainment

Keep us posted

Derry

Advertisement