Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cheaper battery?

Options
  • 04-09-2008 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just spent 120Euro on a car battery for a corolla in Halfords, is this a bloody rip off or what..a quick google tells me it is!!

Can anyone recommend a cheaper alternative place to purchase? needless to say the battery will be going back tommorrow.

Ta:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

it doesn't sound that out of order to be honest, but you will get a cheaper one at your local factor.

I like Varta batteries, I have never had to throw one away and one has done 150k miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

A battery in the Toyota dealer should be about €70.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭far2gud

50 Quid chepaer sounds good, cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Unless it is a deep cycle battery with loads of amps as used for boom box stereos or RV's it sounds a bit of a ripoff, surely you are allowed a "cooling off period" to bring it back / exchange it. I paid the same for a top quality battery for a Ford Transit which is much bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

The mosy i've ever paid for a battery is €80 , is yours diesel - maybe these batteries are more expensive ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

Sounds excessive. Varta/Bosch v good but expensive. Find a Factor selling Moll, German OE battery - std equip on A4/Passat/Porsche/Lamborghini etc.

Beware bargain basement batteries, not worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

, surely you are allowed a "cooling off period" to bring it back / exchange it. .

Unless the shop has a policy that allows that then no, there isnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

To be honest, the last place I would buy a car battery from would be Halfords. €120 is scandalous.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Consort in Drumcondra, Artane, Glasnevin North. You'll find it hard to beat their prices.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Halfords is a waterley place and is only good for car polish, tacky trimming, go faster stripes, furry dices, cheap sound systems and bicycles, no one in the trade would go near the place. A factors would offer a much better selection and price on batteries.

• Advertisement
Advertisement