Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice restaurants

Options
  • 04-09-2008 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

its the GFs and my aniversary coming up,just need some suggestions on a romantic/nice restaurant to go to in Galway..
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Abalone, Dominick st....outstanding

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Cookes winebar! their scallops MMmm Yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭NicheG

Heading to Galway with the GF next weekend also and was wondering the same. Would anyone recommend any nice restaurants in the city? My preference would be Italian cuisine but not overly fussed.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Robertos in salthill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I second that, if Italian is what you are looking for its deffo the best in the city. Everybody calls it Robertos but I think its actual name is Da Robertas though, in case you ring directory enquiries looking for the number. You would definately need to book it as its always packed!!

Failing that, if you don't want to leave the city centre I would probably recommend Trattoria or the Holywell. Both are ok, but Robertos WAY better!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

bingobongo wrote: »
    its the GFs and my aniversary coming up,just need some suggestions on a romantic/nice restaurant to go to in Galway..
    thanks

Abalone, search this forum for previous threads where this place gets mentioned and you will see some reviews on it. Top class, perfect food lovely small intimate place to eat.
    NicheG wrote: »
    Heading to Galway with the GF next weekend also and was wondering the same. Would anyone recommend any nice restaurants in the city? My preference would be Italian cuisine but not overly fussed.
    Cheers

Da Robertas from all accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

what's the g hotel like? radisson?

I'd recommend the malt house, lovely place!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Another big Yes for Abalone here.

As for Italian, there is also Il Folletto on Quay Street where Pierre Victoire used to be. I've had lunch in it a couple of times, and I've found the food excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

Failing that, if you don't want to leave the city centre I would probably recommend Trattoria or the Holywell. Both are ok, but Robertos WAY better!!

Agree with all this. Just for other peoples information, the food in the Holywell is veggie.

Advertisement