Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move to Allenwood, Robertstown?

Options
  • 04-09-2008 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi Folks,

My wife, daughter and I are thinking of selling up in Naas and moving out to a place with a bit more space.

What are people's experiences of the Allenwood, Robertstown areas? Any view gratefully received.
    Are blow-ins welcome or deos it take a while to get to know people?

Cheers,

Rich

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I moved to Kilmeague (a couple of miles from Allenwood and Robertstown) from Dublin about 18 years ago and as far as I can tell Im still considered an outsider...!
    That said, its probably a lot better now tho, as a lot of the new houses in the area are people from Dublin and folk that wouldnt be local.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fundemental

Hi there,

We moved to Robertstown almost 9 yrs ago and love it here.

The town is nice and quiet and the locals are lovely. The school, shops, pubs, and general services in the town are great including fast eircom broadband (7mb connection). There is no cash ATM, the nearest being either Allenwood or Prosperous, both about 5-6mins drive away.

The commute to dublins for me is:

Leave 6am - Glasnevin/Finglas/Hueston Station/Dundrum = 45-55mins
    Leave 7am - Glasnevin/Finglas/Hueston Station/Dundrum = 75-90mins

Getting back from Dublin is not so straightforward as the current roadworks at Red Cow and at the N4/Lucan/M50/Newcastle Road junction are affecting outward-bound traffic more and it's very difficult to guess how long it's going to take on a given evening however between 75-105mins is about the average. The traffic can often stay heaving 'till well after 8pm and Saturdays can sometimes be the same. The roadworks are extensive though and well underway and should make the N7/Naas Road and particularly the Maynooth/N4 Road much improved and all traffic lights have been romoved from the route.

Homes for sale in Robertstown are rare enough especially the really nice ones. People tend not to move away once they're in the town. We certainly will probably never leave. Our rugrats are currently in the primary school and there are good quality secondary schools in Prosperous and Clane which are only minutes drive away - and theres more in Naas and Newbridge (15mins drive).

All in all, the town is to be highly recommended. If only the summer weather was nicer more often, this would be weekend paradise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Robert S. Town

Our family moved to Robertstown two years ago. Its a great little spot. As mentioned it has all the basics bar an atm. If moving its not the kind of place you'd want to move if still travelling into Naas it could be come a bit of a nuisance. With older kids and or teenagers I'd say you could be driven demented. That said its a fine village and I've found everyone friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I've a friend who moved to Robertstown 2 years ago. Loves it there.
    I've been there a few times before as I have another friend whose family are from the area and the locals are really nice.

Advertisement