Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus Website: FAIL

Options
  • 04-09-2008 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭

Hello, the website is pretty terrible! Trying to figure out what bus I need to get to and from the city centre from the Ballymun Rd. (near the swimming pool to be exact)

The website recommends about 10 buses, but the only one that seems to operate that route is the 4, or the 4A.

Does anyone that lives near there know what the story is?

Also, if the number 4 is suitable, where are it's drop off and collection points in the city centre? I will be commuting to college on the southside.

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Outside Dr. Quirkey's on O'Connell Street.
    edit*** that's going northside.
    Going southside the stop is close to the top of the street (Frazer's according to the site) or there is a stop on the bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

No 4. 4a and 13 & 13a I think.

Does the 19 head out that direction too?

Which college are you commuting to? I think the 4a goes out near UCD direction if that's any use.

Edit: It goes to Blackrock, which isn't a million miles away. Not sure if it stops nearer though.

The 13 and 13a stop at Merrion Sq. - You can jump off before and get any of the 46's out to UCD, or get out at Merrion and head up to Leeson St. for a bus - Presuming it's there you're going considering you're living beside DCU and DIT is scattered across town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

what bus(es) would i need to get to get from walkinstown (drimnagh road) to leeson street ? thanks :o:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

http://mkmap.com/dublin is a much better resource for Dublin Bus routes than the Dublin Bus site. Not perfect, but better.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Playgirl, the 122 will bring ye as far as Dame St, it'll be a short enough walk from there. I think the 150 and 151 go that way aswell, they'll bring you to Dame St too - I think some stop nearer Kevin St, you could jump off there and walk over, it's about 10 - 15 mins.

Also, I think the 18 might bring you over to Rathmines/Ranelagh direction, but not sure how near to the Canal it goes.

If you're in town, there's no end of buses you can get - No. 10 & 10a,b & c, No. 46 and all the variants, No. 746 and plenty of others.

I've been working on Leeson st. the last few months, but haven't figured out all the buses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

justroutes.com too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The 4/4a stops outside the axis centre on the way into the city centre. In the city centre it stops on O'Connell Bridge and outside Trinity College then heads out towards Blackrock via Donnybrook.

Advertisement