Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red flagged beaches

Options
  • 04-09-2008 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if you are surfing,bodyboarding at a beach break and the lifegaurd puts up the red flag.What do you usually do,get our of the water or stay in and enjoy the ride:rolleyes:
    The lifegaurd season is moreor less over,but still.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bbking

Bathers only im sure,we were down in inchadonny 2 weeks ago,they closed the beach when a very storg tide came in but no surfers were told to exit the water, i never listened last march 10th when all the news reports warned all surfers not to go in the water, i paid with i dislocated shoulder,so it does make sense to take a bit of caution at least:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Best to take they're advise, A mate of mine no matter where he goes for a surf pitches up to the nearest Lifeguard if there is one and asks for any advice/info and its just good manners to take notice of lifeguard instruction. Its generally dead on. On a red flag you take your chances, and in most cases it means that there is no lifeguard or no lifeguard cover i.e. they do not or will not go out if you decide to stay out there and get into bother, so a calculated risk. If its your local haunt you'll probably be aware of the tides, rips, etc but if at a surf your not familiar with its best to err on the side of caution. Go and sit in the pub with some grub, and a smile;) Theres always other waves....surf safe, be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

iceage wrote: »
    Go and sit in the pub with some grub, and a smile;) .

thats some good advice right there

Advertisement