Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Views on Range Rover L322

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

Limerick-man
    A 03/04 that was a 100k new can be bought for very handy money. Today 18:13
    An 07 V8 diesel that was 137k new can also be bought for very handy money

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Land-Rover/Range-Rover/REDUCED/1067524/

50 k by november ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

copacetic wrote: »
    You see similar isues with BMW, certain garages in particular seem to leave them on carzone say at ~ 10-15k more than every other place. Maybe they think it is some kind of tactic to give a big discount if someone is interested, but doubt it ever works.

Lol, i'm sure with those dealers they are the kinda people who can't face the fact that they are going to make a loss, leave the prices as is and wait for some fool to buy it off them.

Two years later, they'll still be there, becuase by the time they have brought down there prices, everyone else will have brought down there's, so they are always at the wrong end of things.

The market at the moment is crazy, it's very hard to price a fella for a 3 year change etc. when his vehicle has depriciated so much. What makes me laugh the most is this
    http://frankhogan07.webzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=Car&carID=1065459&message=You%20searched%20for%3A%20Land%20Rover%20Range%20Rover%2C%20Dealer%3A%20Frank%20Hogan.%20Your%20search%20returned%20one%20vehicle%2C%20which%20is%20shown%20below.&CFID=82228376&CFTOKEN=15191210
    It's around 140k new, this being one year old. What makes things worse, even with that depriciation, it still hasn't sold. It's there a good few weeks now. I thank god in these time's i'm only in the trade part time and for the summer months. Hopefully things will have settled down by this time next year.

biggus wrote: »
    An 07 V8 diesel that was 137k new can also be bought for very handy money

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Land-Rover/Range-Rover/REDUCED/1067524/

50 k by november ?

Lol that's a Hse model that was 110K new, and 117K after the Vrt changes.

Edit: Lol the one i posted is your 137k new

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

Still 50k by november

biggus wrote: »
    Still 50k by november

Hardly

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Lol, i'm sure with those dealers they are the kinda people who can't face the fact that they are going to make a loss, leave the prices as is and wait for some fool to buy it off them.

Two years later, they'll still be there, becuase by the time they have brought down there prices, everyone else will have brought down there's, so they are always at the wrong end of things.

The market at the moment is crazy, it's very hard to price a fella for a 3 year change etc. when his vehicle has depriciated so much. What makes me laugh the most is this
    http://frankhogan07.webzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=Car&carID=1065459&message=You%20searched%20for%3A%20Land%20Rover%20Range%20Rover%2C%20Dealer%3A%20Frank%20Hogan.%20Your%20search%20returned%20one%20vehicle%2C%20which%20is%20shown%20below.&CFID=82228376&CFTOKEN=15191210
    It's around 140k new, this being one year old. What makes things worse, even with that depriciation, it still hasn't sold. It's there a good few weeks now. I thank god in these time's i'm only in the trade part time and for the summer months. Hopefully things will have settled down by this time next year.

yep, would imagine it is a hard place to do business at the minute. I've had a few conversations with dealers over the last few weeks along these lines. I want to buy, I want to buy locally if possible, but I'm not going to drive off the forecourt losing 10-15k.

I have been looking in the 40-50k range, looking to bragain 10-15% off but no-one was willing to move. Imo in 2 months the cars currently 50-60k will be in my range, but sure we'll see.

Most people in my situation can much greater afford to wait than the dealers. Of course they are correct, as soon as they start to drop prices everyone will look for even more off, but that is business.

Most people in my situation can much greater afford to wait than the dealers. Of course they are correct, as soon as they start to drop prices everyone will look for even more off, but that is business.

Exaclty, so we'll hold to our prices, and then in a few months people can bargain what they like. It's a very tough game to be in at the moment. And they bigger manufacturer's that don't have small market cars, and have up market used cars are getting the biggest kick in the arse.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Exaclty, so we'll hold to our prices, and then in a few months people can bargain what they like. It's a very tough game to be in at the moment. And they bigger manufacturer's that don't have small market cars, and have up market used cars are getting the biggest kick in the arse.

true, but another fly in their ointment is cancelled orders. One german dealer I was at just got 7 coupes in that were all cancelled orders. They now have to try and sell them along with the 4 second hand ones that they have priced at 5% less than the new ones!

It's tough alright but in this kind of market the customer always wins. They don't have to buy but the dealer does have to sell to survive.

true, but another fly in their ointment is cancelled orders. One german dealer I was at just got 7 coupes in that were all cancelled orders. They now have to try and sell them along with the 4 second hand ones that they have priced at 5% less than the new ones!

It's tough alright but in this kind of market the customer always wins. They don't have to buy but the dealer does have to sell to survive.

True, or the dealer can be stubborn and up the price of their servicing lol.

Cancelled orders would be a tough one but i'm srue if it was something up market there would of been a non refundable deposit paid, something of relevance that in cases like this the dealer as some leg to stand on.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DF1

I posted this thread for information on Range Rover.
    I have little interest in alternatives and am not buying for the status, afterall I currently drive a defender, not exactly a fashion icon.
    Are the leectrical problems serious ?
    It kinda suits me that RR's are starting to become unpopular as it will make buying a s/h model easier and alot better choice.
    The yummy mummies on the school run dont find it trendy anymore to turn up with johnny in the back. Suits me fine.
    I need something that can travel on roughish ground also travel round 100 km per day.
    Is there anything in particular I should look out for ?

In no hurry, Id say they will loose more value by christmas with the "recession".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DF1

Limerick Man,
    Just saw your reply to similar topic on 4x4 forum.
    Sorry for duplication.

DF1 wrote: »
    Limerick Man,
    Just saw your reply to similar topic on 4x4 forum.
    Sorry for duplication.

Lol your grand, i was only just showing you instead of me writing it out again.:D

Advertisement