Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Fall Out Boy, what do you think of them?

• 04-09-2008 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

till us what you think than fall out boy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

They encourage bad spelling amongst the youth of today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Heh! You speaky the engrish?? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

In all honesty, I don't think that they're half as bad as some people make them out to be, and they have some catchy songs. I wouldn't run out and buy one of their albums, but at the same time, they don't offend my ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭A-Bit-Dodge

They encourage mediocrity and impotent "rage"...

Rubbish...

Next!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I'd agree with KArl, they aren't all tnhat bad, and tbh, they are unfairly tagged as emo. They really are not at all, it's pop! But the fact that they butchered Billie Jean is unforgiveable.

• Advertisement

If its pop why the hell is it in this forum then?

Seriously they are octave abusers tisk tisk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Stev_o wrote: »
    If its pop why the hell is it in this forum then?

As far as I'm concerned, they're perfectly on topic, so shall we all try and contribute to this thread in a mature way? Thanks.

As far as I'm concerned, they're perfectly on topic, so shall we all try and contribute to this thread in a mature way? Thanks.

Well can at least the title be changed at least its a eye sore =/

Also to actually contribute to something here wasnt the bassist in some death metal band when he was younger (i think i remember hearing one of the lads from rise against were in it aswell?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzhX9HA1ZW8

You dont mess with FOB foo'

*just for the record im not a huge fan of them, but i dont mind their songs

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

i actually dont mind them. i have the 2 most recent albums and are good catchy pop tunes. Although they are terrible live from what ive seen on tv/youtube. And as someone said they really buturched Billie jean. it was a terrible cover

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Fall out boy are just another of those bands , like My Chemical Romance, BFMV etc. who appear on that terrible Kerrang channel.
    They were all sent to this planet to lower the standards.

God bless Bill Hicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Stev_o wrote: »
    Also to actually contribute to something here wasnt the bassist in some death metal band when he was younger (i think i remember hearing one of the lads from rise against were in it aswell?)
    Different members were in "metalcore" bands Race Traitor and Arma Angelus (member of Rise Against was in this band) and Wentz (bassist in FOB) was involved in both.

FOB are meh, they will fade away eventually and be a foot note in musical history (like 90% of any given genre or time period)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Damn liberal. ;)

Fall Out Boy... Not my cup of tea at all. They do have quite a catchy sound but apart from that they are pure cock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

xbox36016 wrote: »

they suck more then a dyson hoover and paris hilton combinded. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

xbox36016 wrote: »

Shíte.

That said, the likes of Avril Lavigne are worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

i think they're grand. their songs are catchy although theres not really anything unique going on there. Dunno about them live, but in fairness theres way worse bands out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Cadeaus

I used to be pretty in to them around 04/05. Not so much a fan as I was but their last album had some brilliant pop songs on it.

Apparently Tim McIlrath from Rise Against was their singer for a while when they were startin off. Pete Wentz is a complete and utter bell end though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i really dont like them, i normally judge a band by how they play live first (live is when you see the men from the boys.....no studio messing available to them) and they are muck! one of the worst live bands ive ever had the misfortune of seeing! and the pop come rock jumps and the total destruction of billie jean means they should be thrown into a firey pit....i dont mean hell i just mean we should burn them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I think they are decent enough...Very catchy and don't make any claims to be something that they are not. Unfortunately, Wentz gets a bit too much publicity but again this would fall into the pop category and keeping the name out there...Not sure about live performances, haven't seen them.

I actually like the cover of "Beat It" /equips flame-proof coat

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    II actually like the cover of "Beat It"

your opinion is now null and void and should be hereby disguarded! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I like 'em. As others have said; it's catchy music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I detest them. I really, really loathe them.

I don't know why really. It's just the first time I heard them, I thought: "God, they're terrible."...and then they got popular. *shudders*

Their attempt at music is horrible to my ears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Pete Wentz is yummy!! :D

*drools*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

buck65 wrote: »
    Fall out boy are just another of those bands , like My Chemical Romance, BFMV etc. who appear on that terrible Kerrang channel.
    They were all sent to this planet to lower the standards.

God bless Bill Hicks.

They're pretty different from MCR and BFMV.

I quite like the Infinity on High album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 cheeeesecake

I quite like them - their songs are catchy and nice to sing along to. It doesn't have anything to do with the fact that I have the biggest crush on the singer :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I liked them up until the 'Infinity on High' album..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

In all honesty, I don't think that they're half as bad as some people make them out to be, and they have some catchy songs. I wouldn't run out and buy one of their albums, but at the same time, they don't offend my ears.
    ^this, but i'll add they are damn catchy.

i could fault them for other things bar their music but then again i don't want to as it's the music that ultimately matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

The lead singer loves himself and does his best to show it, can't think of anyone who comes close in the look at me I'm brill stakes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I only have their latest album, but i really really like it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

MooseJam wrote: »
    The lead singer loves himself and does his best to show it, can't think of anyone who comes close in the look at me I'm brill stakes

Are you talking about Pete Wentz? I think he's the bassist but he gets more attention than the actual singer. :DThere's something irritating about him alright. Their own songs are okay, but their cover of 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' was simply appalling. Jacko got off lightly compared to Joy Division. :pac:

Advertisement