Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Fall Out Boy, what do you think of them?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

possibly, I don't know their names :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

I think they really did kill Beat it, so I don't like them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 cheeeesecake

Acacia wrote: »
    Are you talking about Pete Wentz? I think he's the bassist but he gets more attention than the actual singer. :DThere's something irritating about him alright. Their own songs are okay, but their cover of 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' was simply appalling. Jacko got off lightly compared to Joy Division. :pac:

Pete "weenie" Wentz. I really can't stand him. He looks so gormless.

I don't mind the Beat It cover but I haven't heard their Joy Division cover yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Pete "weenie" Wentz. I really can't stand him. He looks so gormless.

I don't mind the Beat It cover but I haven't heard their Joy Division cover yet.

For your listening pleasure (not)-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72ojJkhOc0A

:pac:

Yeah, I don't understand all these girls fawning over Wentz. He looks about 13 years old and wears eyeliner. Enough said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

going to see tham in the rds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

Wasn't there a rather unimpressive picture of Wentz's ....ahem....doing the rounds on the interwebs a while back?

I just can't listen to this band. The singer always sounds like he's whining and that guitar solo in Beat It was cringeworthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

that guitar solo in Beat It was cringeworthy.
    Thank John Mayer for that. Sure Fall Out Boy murdered Jacko's bit, but to destroy an EVH solo! :mad: Hang your head in shame, Mayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

ya i dont care is some song

• Registered Users Posts: 14 irish5er

I wouldnt turn the radio off if they were on .. but wouldnt buy any cds. Actually I might turn radio off if Beat it was on . its like Evanesance putting a piano in there instead of a guitar . Its just not right :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

I like them.

It's just catchy pop/ rock nonsense, but it's harmless fun.

The fact that a lot of folks go out of their way to hate them makes me like them that bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Their own songs are okay, but their cover of 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' was simply appalling. Jacko got off lightly compared to Joy Division. :pac:

I can't stand Fall Out Boy, but in their defense, Bono, The Swans and Simple Minds destroyed LWTUA long before Fall Out Boy did. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

Would care much for their music but they do have great energy.

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I can't stand Fall Out Boy, but in their defense, Bono, The Swans and Simple Minds destroyed LWTUA long before Fall Out Boy did. :(

I'll have to check those covers out, but FOB's cover of 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' is possibly one of the worst covers I've heard. Their own stuff is grand, but they seem to have a habit of butchering classic songs. ;) :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

How could he ever sing a song that required Ian Curtis vocals? :rolleyes::p

They're what I'd describe as harmless. Nothing really wrong with 'em, fun if you're into that kind of thing, and throw out the odd catchy ditty.

How could he ever sing a song that required Ian Curtis vocals? :rolleyes::p

Well, the thing is, he doesn't so much sing it as wheeze and yell his way through the song.:p;) In fairness to him, Ian Curtis' vocals are hard to beat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I'll have to check those covers out,

If you REALLY must....

Bono's one can be found at the end of With Or Without you on any bootleg of the Joshua Tree tour.

The Swans version is on their LWTUA EP from 1988.

Simple Mind's version is actually a bad dancy song on their cover album Neon Lights from 2001.

But for the sake of your sanity, i'll give you a strong recommendation to avoid.
    Sorry for going off topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dangerous_Dave

They're fairly crap IMO, life's too short for listening to Fall Out Boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭*tOpLaSs

meh..

heard better..
    then again, heard worse.
    they're not really worth discussing lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I personally love Fall Out Boy although Infinity on High was a huge let-down. Take This to Your Grave and From Under the Cork Tree are amazing albums with some incredible songs. I've seen them live twice and they were awesome both times(better the first time in the Ambassador) Fingers crossed that Folie a Deux will live up to expectations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭PretentiousApe

What does everyone think of their new one, "I Don't Care"?

Personally, I think it's pretty good. They're good song-writers (if they write their own songs, that is).

They constantly name-drop celebrities in their videos! :confused:

I get it, I get it, your famous!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭super_shellers

I like Fall Out Boy, I have Take This To Your Grave and From Under The Cork Tree. I don't like all of their songs but some of them are quite catchy.The singers voice gets on my nerves sometimes though.

But, as other people have said, I've heard worse bands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Their old stuff was good but I'm not too keen on their recent stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

They suck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 scumbag sqpants

Cathchy but rather G*y for a guy to listen to, new song is catchy as f*ck plus Sarah Palin is in the video!

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=TbxkW6xsLuo

Advertisement