Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Judo in Athone?

• 04-09-2008 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi everyone just wondering if anyone knows if theres any judo going on in Athlone

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

As far as I know there is no club at the moment but there is one in the pipeline. I'll let you know when I find out any information. Send an email here info@judoireland.com for update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Conditioned

That'd be great thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 markusjudo

There is judo club in ATHLONE, IN Sheraton Athlone Hotel, Paul judo coach, 0872683572

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

markusjudo wrote: »
    There is judo club in ATHLONE, IN Sheraton Athlone Hotel, Paul judo coach, 0872683572

that lad as far as im told done a very small bit of judo, left to athlone for a short while and reapeared teaching judo, do you know what grade he is and who graded him?

Genuinely interested.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

markusjudo wrote: »

Just as a follow up to this one.

Athlone J.C. fought at the annual Celtic Championships in Portmarnock today.

Abd although the lads didn't place they did fight great and in fact got two awards, one for best female spirited fighter and another (sorry can't remember what the award was for) to another male fighter 'Noel'.

Noel, a yellow belt fought probably one of the most entertaining fights of the day against Robert, another yellow belt from Portmarnock.

Noel is the second on the left (arm in the air) and their female fighter is on the end of this photo...

attachment.php?attachmentid=116051&stc=1&d=1275751492

Noel (standing) and the white belt who started the group (sitting)..

attachment.php?attachmentid=116052&stc=1&d=1275751519

They showed great spirit for a young club and well worth mentioning for anyone looking for Judo in Athlone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 markusjudo

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 pokersmidge

Just to clarify things I did start up the club in athlone as there was nothing in the area at the time and I was tired of driving to Dublin. Our head coach mamertas is one of the best in the country along with his brother and the both finished on the podium at the Irish championships this year and thankfully the standard in the club goes from strength to strength with a couple of very talented Irish and foreign dan grades training three times a week come and join us everybody is welcome. If I hadn't started the club nobody would. The inexperienced judo player Paul ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endymion

For those interested.

You Tube Account.

To the Club, you might want to put together a googlemap to the club location as well as training times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 pokersmidge

Following our recent results as a club in ni open and Irish open top senior club and now our first national senior champion I think we have answered the questions taking medals in all the top catagories 73/81/100 senior men and 81/90 masters men and several masters women. Come and train with the best :D

Advertisement