Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best scenes from Final fantasy games and other Japanese R.P.G.'s (possible spoilers)

Options
  • 04-09-2008 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭

1; Death of Aeris, FFVII
    2; Exploring Clouds Sub-conscious,FFVII
    3;The rebirth of humanity, Terranigma
    4; Ending of Illusion of time
    5; Tir mcDohl vs forced to fight his father, Suikoden I

Theres probably loads more I've forgotten but whats everyone elses favourite scenes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 CitizenGeek

I didn't think the death of Aerith was as effective as most seem to think, though I did still think it was brilliant.

The best scene in any Final Fantasy for me would have to be the "Sudeki Da Ne" scene in Final Fantasy. It's just amazing! The political intrigue of Archadia in FFXII (what with the awesome Judges, the Emperor and the Senate) made for some of the best scenes in the series, also. Of course, the ending of FFVII (and in particular the lifestream bursting out of the planet) is very high up there, too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,423 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's plenty of other scenes form FFVII I'd pick over that one. Think my absolute favourite though is Aeris and Cloud jumping along the rooftops in midgar.

Panzer Dragoon Saga had some unforgettable scenes:

Fighting the DeathBringer missile as it went through it's multiple stages of launch was breathtaking.

Then the was the ending:
    finding out the divine messenger was the gamesplyer and not edge and Azel riding out into the desert storm to find Edge and the player knowing she would never find him, heartbreaking especially when you discover what happened to her in PD Orta

Suikoden 2:
    Waiting for Jowy to return after the failed infiltration of the enemies camp outside the city walls with nanami and pilika. It was just beautifully done.

Another:
    Finally killing Luca Blight what an evil bastard!

and of course the ending:
    Having Jowy die in your arms. Despite having won the war the hero lost everything

Grandia:
    Sue leaving, that really got to me. Ending was great all the little justn and feenas! :)

Vagrant Story:
    Finding out what really happened to Ashleys family, brought me close to tears I blame Hitoshi Sakimotos wonderful music.

Final Fantasy VI

World of Ruin, need I say more?

Final Fantasy X

Any scene with Rikku and Wakka becoming more friendly and that ending

Dragon Quest VIII

All the banter between King Trode and Yangus, had me in stitches a few times.

FF Tactics

Another great ending
    Delita getting what he deserved but poor Ovelia

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,423 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Forgot the whole opening of Vagrant Story, that was just epic, probably the best opening for a videogame ever.

Also Suikoden V. 4 hours of generic boredom and them, bam! One hell of a plot twist that comes out of nowher and the game changes from dull brilliant.

Chrono Trigger: seeing how the prehistoric era ended. Really very clever.

Hope to add some Earthbound moments when I finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

1.every ending with flying on airship around the world ,people are saved,plus the kick ass nobuo ending theme - make my eyes watery everytime
    2.FF6,cyan's fairwell at the ghost train,terra's parent story,and the Ps1 version opening that i love it so much,terra with the magitech,boil my blood
    3.FF7,death of Aeris,who would forget this?!i was 12 and that broke my heart :(this should go no.1
    4.FFT,epic in everything,especially the ending and those conspiracy moments,i love the evil politician feel
    5.FF8 Waltz dancing (i know i know),i was 13 i guess,rinoa show up her finger and go near squall scene
    6.FF9,zidane's upset scenes with the You're not alone theme song(i actually check the song name on my ipod now)
    7.FFX....the lake thingy...

That's why i love FF so much,others RPG always lack of something else.FF story is commercially designed to push your adrenaline gland.maybe i do had some scenes in others RPG but i cant recall :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Here are some scenes from Shadow Hearts 2 (since most of the other good rpgs have been mentioned). Clips contain spoilers too.
    The train scene between Yuri and Alice
    :

The scene where Yuri tries to bring Alice back to life

Good Ending:

Bad Ending:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 The UberFrog

FFVII - Aeris' death (obviously..:D)
    The northern crater exploding - releasing all the Weapons.
    Diamond Weapon being shot by the Midgar Cannon / Destroying
    Shinra HQ
    The Ending movie

FFVIII - One of the best opening scenes ever: Squall / Seifer's swordfight.
    End of disc 1 - Edea stabbing Squall with Icestrike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

The ending credits to Skies of Arcadia. Can honestly say that it's the only time I ever got a bit emotional over a game.

Advertisement