Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garmin 250W

• 04-09-2008 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Im looking at gettin this unit. Never gad a GPS before so unsure whats features I would use plus only driving recently too!

I know from others beginning able to detour or direct the GPS unit to avoid certain roads is important does this unit do that. If not what units do?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

250W is a great unit. I'm presently driving around france with the aid of one. I actually own a tomtom but far prefer the Garmin Nuvi 250W. It detours - i used it today when a roundabout was closed off and while the route was a little unconventional - 5 mins later i was back on track. Great little unit. From my experience highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

Thanks AnCatDubh can you tell me more how the detour function works. Before i set off can i put in my detour. i.e. something like point a to b to c OR pick a road i dont want??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I've the 250W as well. Great unit... Would highly recommend it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,526 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Kingkong wrote: »
    Thanks AnCatDubh can you tell me more how the detour function works. Before i set off can i put in my detour. i.e. something like point a to b to c OR pick a road i dont want??

What you do in the Garmin is to say that you want to go from A to C, then when that route is active you tell it you want to go to B, it then asks you if this is a new route or a 'via' and you say it's a 'via', it will then route you from A to B to C.

Advertisement