Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A crash course in Unix systems administration?

• 04-09-2008 11:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I need to learn as much about Unix systems administration in as little time as possible! :eek: I have some experience of Unix systems as a user, mostly in Ubuntu and Mac OS, so I know the basics of shell scripting (in Bash), the file system, and the like.

I realise systems administration is not something you can pick up overnight but I need to learn some of the theory ASAP so if anyone could tell me where to find a lightweight beginner's guide I'd be very grateful. It would need to cover file storage, web servers and network administration. Sorry if my needs sound brash and audacious but any advice would be welcome!

Comments

Advertisement