Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I Want An Xbox 360 + Live

• 04-09-2008 11:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

I've been a Playstation man all my gaming life but having experienced Halo 3 online, I know that I really want to switch to Xbox.

I know next to nothing about the console so I've come here to find my cheapest option.

I've got €140 euro and I'm looking to trade in a Playstation 2, 20 games, a controller, and 2 memory cards.

So, er, what are my options here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭cadogs

Kill yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

cadogs wrote: »
    Kill yourself.

#1: Kill yourself.

Any more suggestions?

Is this any good? Or is it just the watered down version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

It would be better to get one with a hard drive, as games get updates, extra maps and stuff. Plus you probably want to save yer progress. Best bet would be to check out game, gamestop, smyths xtravision, HMV, places like that and see which has the best offers.
    Check out adverts.ie for second hand ones if you're really stuck cash wise.
    Me, I'd save up for a while and see if the price drops, it has in the US afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yea save and get a better deal it will be more worth it.

@ cadogs lol byebye

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭cadogs

dazftw wrote: »
    Yea save and get a better deal it will be more worth it.

@ cadogs lol byebye

Why, where are you going?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

if you buy in gamestop you get 20% more but dont count on geting more than 60 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

You could maybe look into getting a second hand one for gamestop. You'll have trouble getting rid of that ps2 though :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

yap because evary one whants a ps3 and xbox360 now

• Registered Users Posts: 18 whuz-gt-lead

iv d same prob bt im gtn a PSP nsted!!!! bcaz notice every tn nli cumz n Psp PS3 n xbox 360 n psp iz d only portabl everytn els iz d sam!!!!???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

iv d same prob bt im gtn a PSP nsted!!!! bcaz notice every tn nli cumz n Psp PS3 n xbox 360 n psp iz d only portabl everytn els iz d sam!!!!???

GTFO who can understand that ****e no text speak allowed dumbass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Me, I'd save up for a while and see if the price drops, it has in the US afaik

We already got the price drop before the US as M$ saw the PS3 sales increasing in Europe earlier this year.

Now is as good a time as any to get a 360, I can't see any more price drops this year only good bundle deals towards Xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Xyo wrote: »
    You could maybe look into getting a second hand one for gamestop. You'll have trouble getting rid of that ps2 though :/

Second hand? I can't believe I didn't think of that. Next time I'm in town I'll ask for prices and see how much they will give me for my PS2 and accessories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Second hand? I can't believe I didn't think of that. Next time I'm in town I'll ask for prices and see how much they will give me for my PS2 and accessories.

Or you could trade your ps2 in gamestop and then check out adverts.ie :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

We already got the price drop before the US as M$ saw the PS3 sales increasing in Europe earlier this year.

Now is as good a time as any to get a 360, I can't see any more price drops this year only good bundle deals towards Xmas.

The price drop we seen was only on the old 20GB premiums afaik, once those were sold, the new 60GB premiums went back to the old price.

AFAIK you'll get 40euro if you trade your PS2 in Game. That's store credit, I mean.

Advertisement