Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waldorf blofeld

Options
  • 04-09-2008 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭

anyone got one/used one?

its tickling my fancy quite a bit and im thinking of investing, but not gonna move for 2 weeks to get as much feedback from people whove used it as possible

it just looks bloody fun, reviews have all been solid too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Sham Squire

I got one a couple of weeks ago and I would give it 5 out of 5. I am not an experienced synth head so I won't compare its sound to other synths but I will say that it's full of fantastic sounds,easy to get stuck into and start tweaking and I haven't had any problems. I have seen on a couple of other forums one guy saying his kept crashing and then died so he had to send it back and some other guy had the paint job peeling off. I have no complaints with mine. Looks beautiful and works perfectly so far. Highly recommend it.
    I also believe from doing my own research that anything else in that price range is more a toy than a proper synth whereas the Blofeld is the real deal.
    Have a look at the clips on youtube to hear the preset sounds but as everything is completely tweakable you can get all your own sounds out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

cheers man! ive heard very little bad about it so far, which is always a good sign

have you got it patched up to the latest OS? apparently there were whining issues with the original one, and the sound was very low overall

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Sham Squire

Yeah, I actually updated the OS straight out of the box because I saw they had a newer one than the one mine shipped with. Updating was a breeze and only took a couple of min. As an added big-up to Waldorf, I emailed a query on the saturday after I bought it and got a reply from a suitably German sounding bloke within half an hour! On a saturday!?!?

excellent! love waldorf stuff i have to see, was delighted when they came back from the dead

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

I emailed a query on the saturday after I bought it and got a reply from a suitably German sounding bloke within half an hour! On a saturday!?!?
    German efficiency is probably one of my favourite things ever!!! I remember emailing ableton (german of course) support about a license transfer on a sunday night and getting an email back in 12 minutes that sorted out EVERYTHING for me. Unbelievable!

I'm sort of considering the Blofeld at the moment. Either that or a Nord Rack or Access Virus TI snow (saw a couple go cheap on ebay lately). I've been a Waldorf fan ever since I used the Waldorf Q a few years ago.

399 euro for a waldorf that is a real proper synth is I think a no-brainer.

• Advertisement

ive a nord rack 2, lovely little box but i from what im reading the blofeld offers a little more, adn will really come into its own with a vst editor

Helix wrote: »
    ive a nord rack 2, lovely little box but i from what im reading the blofeld offers a little more, adn will really come into its own with a vst editor

yup pretty much my sentiments and the reason I'm leanin towards the blofeld. But tbh, and I know this is silly, I like the look of the Nord. Even if I never used it, I think it'd be profitable to me long term to have something as nice looking as it in the studio with me!
    :o

the nords a lovely little box, no doubt about it, but the lack of effects is a bit of a nuisance

the nords a lovely little box, no doubt about it, but the lack of effects is a bit of a nuisance

i sort of look at that as an advantage. when you're synth programming and you have really nice comb filters, reverbs, fancy delays etc., it let's you make really uninteresting sounds sound a little bit good. But without them it forces you to be a lot more creative in the synthesis.

ah i dunno, ive always found it a bit of a pain in the hole having to run through to an effects unit. tho i suppose youre getting superior effects in doing that anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

ah i dunno, ive always found it a bit of a pain in the hole having to run through to an effects unit. tho i suppose youre getting superior effects in doing that anyway

feck it, blofeld it is. now where's my credit card?

DominoDub wrote: »

feckin price of that is a bloody disgrace. that keyboard would want to have been handmade by a team of cherubs with roses in their teeth(and flowers in their hair) on a cloud somewhere to justify the doubling of the cost.

still though I want it.

Advertisement