Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you go to the pub or places with alcohol

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

shizz wrote: »
    Who supports alcoholism? :confused:
    people who think there is no danger alcohol drinks. Moderate wine drinking gives certain changes in the brain, physical and mental health. It increase heart beat and it results heart attack. People suffer with migraine headaches.The other thing of alcohol consumption is sleeping disorders... So get some rest and sleep and then please come back.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    That's just plain nonsense really. I'd be amazed if you have any stats to actually back that up.

In moderation, alcohol is fine. I'd have a beer once a month maybe, depending on how sunny it is.
    But just like say, Sugar, too much of it is dangerous, but a normal amount is fine.
    You are very arrogant, Honesty, isn't it too much dangerous, This is side of effect of monthly drinking, what would happen if you drink it regularly. I was once a heavy drinker, Now i am fine, See it would be quite hypocritical, if I support wine because i drink it once or twice of in a week or month. Alcohol overall creates a people society with sick people. Sick with unknown disease. Sick with b$. As I have seen a lot of suffering and pain. So we shouldn't ban alcoholic drink. Right

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

dead one wrote: »
    Moderate wine drinking gives certain changes in the brain, physical and mental health. It increase heart beat and it results heart attack.
    Actually moderate wine drinking has a protective effect on the heart(and has other protective effects too). Numerous studies back this up. Obviously moderate is the key here.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Wibbs wrote: »
    Moderate wine drinking gives certain changes in the brain, physical and mental health. It increase heart beat and it results heart attack.
    Actually moderate wine drinking has a protective effect on the heart(and has other protective effects too). Numerous studies back this up. Obviously moderate is the key here.
    It's probably not worth pointing out. He tends to deny all evidence. He is likely to respond with a video of a drunk person while saying this is all the evidence he needs.....

I don't believe in theories, I believe in evidence, Isn't it popular dialog in these days. I know two person who died of heart attack, both were moderate drinkers, either your theories are wrong or there is purpose of selling wine in your theories. Who on earth knows, why didn't wine protect their hearts who died so early. They were very healthy , one of the person who died a few days ago, i met him a day before his death, He was quite healthy.

Corkfeen wrote: »
    It's probably not worth pointing out. He tends to deny all evidence. He is likely to respond with a video of a drunk person while saying this is all the evidence he needs.....
    all evidence, Are you kidding. I believe in evidence, I am an atheist, evidence suggests islam is very right about prohibition of alcohol, because it destroys societies. It creates sick people who know nothing about relation like mother/sister/father. It creates sicks people who tend to deny all evidence.

I don't believe in theories, I believe in evidence, Isn't it popular dialog in these days. I know two person who died of heart attack, both were moderate drinkers, either your theories are wrong or there is purpose of selling wine in your theories. Who on earth knows, why didn't wine protect their hearts who died so early.
    It lessens the risk of a heart attack, it doesn't guarantee that they won't have a heart attack.. People who don't drink at all tend to be more likely to have a heart attack than moderate drinkers.

I also know heavy drinkers who lived till an old age that didn't get heart attacks, I wouldn't say this proves that excessive drinking prevents heart attacks, they were merely the few that didn't fit the stats.

[QUOTE=Corkfeen;79263744 it doesn't guarantee that they won't have a heart attack.. [/quote]
    [/QUOTE]
    It means there is no guarantee that this life is easy. So Wibbs is telling me
    wine drinking has a protective effect, when I saw two people lost their lives in shadow of these protective effect, It means protective effect is all BS. There is no protection, it's only to sell wine.

wine drinking has a protective effect, when I saw two people lost their lives in shadow of these protective effect, It means protective effect is all BS. There is no protection, it's only to sell wine.
    Congratulations, you are the first to be added to my ignore list. I assume you'll probably say it's because you speak the truth but the truth is that you're entirely unreasonable and irritating posters aren't worth listening to....

• Advertisement

Corkfeen wrote: »
    I assume you'll probably say it's because you speak the truth but the truth is that entirely unreasonable and irritating posters aren't worth listening to....
    Why were you afraid. I wasn't going to eat you. But its ends.
    Paint the sky grey like a coward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

dead one, no one supports alcoholism.

shizz wrote: »
    dead one, no one supports alcoholism.
    you know shizz what i meant by alcoholism, It isn't necessary to explain everything as you know my english isn't my language.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I believe in evidence, I am an atheist,
    Pardon? You're an atheist now? I is confused. :o:)
    You don't seem to understand the idea of "protective effect". Extrapolating from "people we know" is not science, nor evidence. EG I know someone who died of lung cancer at 40. He never smoked, never drank either. He was a religious Catholic pioneer*. He didn't live with smokers and was a man who loved sport. He had none of the risk factors for lung cancer, yet he got it. I know many many more people who smoke like chimneys who haven't gotten lung cancer. This does not mean that smoking isn't one of the single biggest causes of the disease and by smoking a person massively increases his or her risk for the disease. Same with wine drinking. Moderate wine drinking lowers the risk for heart disease. It doesn't mean a moderate wine drinker won't suffer from it, it just makes it less likely.

* Pioneers "take the pledge" which includes giving up alcohol for life

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I don't believe in theories, I believe in evidence, Isn't it popular dialog in these days.

Evidence of something doesn't necessarily mean a correlation. It's about causality, or cause and effect. Just because it looks there's a cause doesn't mean that is the cause.

Your friends for example, they drank wine and died of a heart attack. What's to say that they would not have died sooner had they not drank wine? That drinking wine kept them alive longer than they would had they not drank...

He was a religious Catholic pioneer*.
    are you telling me tales of Catholic pioneer*. I know they take many other pledges yet they fvck children in churches. May be he didn't smoke in front of you. There is possibility, in society of yours, where disease of hypocrisy is very common. He did smoke in some secret place*.

*secret places, don't you know their secret places, where they feed their desires..

• Advertisement

are you telling me tales of Catholic pioneer*. I know they take many other pledges yet they fvck children in churches.
    Indeed, yet no such accusations of clerical abuse have come up with Muslims? Yea right. Saudi Arabia being a good example where their own figures estimate a large percentage of children are in danger of all sorts of abuse and they're actively trying to stamp it out.
    May be he didn't smoke in front of you. There is possibility, in society of yours, where disease of hypocrisy is very common. He did smoke in some secret place*.

*secret places, don't you know their secret places, where they feed their desires..
    No he was a very "holy" type of man. Very kind man too and very open in meeting people from other faiths. Including regularly meeting with Muslim folks. He had a lot of time for Muslim faith and the strength of it among many.

I dunno, it must be great this place you imagine with all the fornication and fun going on in secret places. One could argue that Muslim societies tend to be more secretive and hidden than western ones. Or... you are quite quite deluded and assume the rest of the world Muslim or not is equally deluded.

Indeed, yet no such accusations of clerical abuse have come up with Muslims? Yea right. Saudi Arabia being a good example where their own figures estimate a large percentage of children are in danger of all sorts of abuse and they're actively trying to stamp it out.
    What is your point. Did i tell any tale of Saudi pioneers, you're the one who is telling holiness of a catholic pioneer... Were my friends Saudis who sufferer with heart attack .
    No he was a very "holy" type of man. Very kind man too and very open in meeting people from other faiths. Including regularly meeting with Muslim folks. He had a lot of time for Muslim faith and the strength of it among many.
    Why are you eager to tell his holiness, your holiness. As there is no such thing "very holy" in the world. We all have our desires, dear wibbs, who knows such type of holy men. who is holier than me. See i think he was just kind of sad guy, He met in public like normal men but he has feed his own grieves somewhere else away from public. Which lead him to lung cancer.
    I dunno,
    yes that's the point, he could be a smoker, not open smoker but secret smoker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

Wibbs and Dead_one, enough of the nonsense and petty fighting please. Get back on topic

Advertisement