Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US clothing & footwear sites who ship to IE

• 05-09-2008 1:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

I have read the sticky, but most of the sites therein are UK, which generally do not offer good value.

With the FX rate the way it is, what are good sites for quality brands like Timberland, North Face, Vans, Roxy etc who will ship to Ireland ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

The exchange rate has gone down against the dollar over the past month so its not as good as it used to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭johnfás

You can save some money on most products buying in the UK owing to a combination of a 4% lower VAT rate and a weakening currency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

cronos wrote: »
    The exchange rate has gone down against the dollar over the past month so its not as good as it used to be.

Thanks m8 !

Any good US sites ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Again-i don't know any good US sites. Just a bit of advice that customs are really clamping down these days(probably due to our economy being in crisis). I got caught for vat yesterday on stuff from amazon(plus 5 euro postal charges:confused:) If you keep your order under 22 euro-you won't get done. Factor the vat & 5 euro in and you may not be getting such a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

lindtee wrote: »
    Again-i don't know any good US sites. Just a bit of advice that customs are really clamping down these days(probably due to our economy being in crisis). I got caught for vat yesterday on stuff from amazon(plus 5 euro postal charges:confused:) If you keep your order under 22 euro-you won't get done. Factor the vat & 5 euro in and you may not be getting such a bargain.

The limit is being increased on 1st. Dec 2008 to €150 thanks to an EU directive.

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2008:085:0001:0002:EN:PDF

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Do-more wrote: »
    The limit is being increased on 1st. Dec 2008 to €150 thanks to an EU directive.

I dont quite understand all this stuff... but this taken from the UK customs site seems like nothing is really gonna change:
    12. I have read recently that the threshold for importing goods will increase from €22 (£18)* to €150 (£105)* does that mean that all goods under that value will free of all duties?

No, these changes will apply only to Customs duty.

VAT and Excise duties will remain unaffected.

Other charges e.g. handling fees made by Royal Mail, Parcelforce Worldwide and charges made by other carriers will also remain unaffected.

For example, you will no longer be required to pay Customs duty from 1 December 2008 for goods up to a value of €150 (£105)* when ordered from outside the EU.

However you will still have to pay import VAT on goods that are over the current €22 (£18)* threshold as well as any Excise duty that may be applicable.

* The sterling value shown will be subject to an annual review, and may be adjusted, as a result of the euro exchange rate announced in the European Commission Official Journal on the first working day in October to take effect from 1 January.

via: http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageVAT_ShowContent&id=HMCE_PROD1_028719&propertyType=document#P4_64

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

cronos wrote: »

Thanks cronos, but was actually looking for sites which ship branded products like North Face, Roxy, Timberland, Salomon etc to IE.

AE is nice but not my preference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭strongbluebell

I've bought a lot of kids clothes from gymboree.com, no problems with customs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

www.eastbay.com, particularly the outlet store. Have to order three of four things to make it worthwhile though

• Advertisement
Advertisement