Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Audacity-Help me please...

Options
  • 05-09-2008 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

hey dudes, i recently started playing guitar and writing songs again... i penned a tune and was really happy with it and want to record it (nothing proffesional now ) and im trying to use audacity. problem is my guitar is acoustic and the mic is picking up the sound of my voice much higher than the sound of the guitar... anybody got any tips for me??

Also .. does anybody now how to put a backing track on audacity and record voice along with it rather than my voice comin out louder *im not screaming into the mic* .... :confused:

hope that made some sense

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

McNuggy wrote: »
    hey dudes, i recently started playing guitar and writing songs again... i penned a tune and was really happy with it and want to record it (nothing proffesional now ) and im trying to use audacity. problem is my guitar is acoustic and the mic is picking up the sound of my voice much higher than the sound of the guitar... anybody got any tips for me??

Also .. does anybody now how to put a backing track on audacity and record voice along with it rather than my voice comin out louder *im not screaming into the mic* .... :confused:

not really sure i understand what your saying so forgive me if you already know this but why dont you just record your guitar and vocals separately as 2 different tracks and then mix afterwards? like you record the guitar track first then set up a new track and record your singing into the 2nd track

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

McNuggy wrote: »

Er....... move the mic closer to the guitar, No???????:rolleyes:

Advertisement