Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone listening to Republican convention speeches?

Options
  • 05-09-2008 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭

Fcuking lunatics

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

That's great. Care to elaborate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Pocono Joe

I'm watching it on MSNBC also. Yeah, Olbermann and Matthews are pretty much out there, but I wouldn't go that far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

McCain's speech made me want to pick up a gun - I'm not sure whether I'd be better off shooting myself in the head or shooting McCain. For the record I'm strongly anti-gun and I dissaprove strongly of political assassination. However the willifully stupid assumptions inherent in his speech literally boggled my mind. It frightened my how someone so clearly out of touch with the real world might end up US president. I feel/felt scared and do feel that it might well be better for the rest of the world if someone stopped him being elected, which is deeply depressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Just look at McCain's voting record and his years of cross-party work to see how "out of touch" he is. The simple fact of the matter is that the only way he can win the election is to appeal to the idiots who unfortunately have a say in who runs the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Some gems from the RNC:

These guys dont know who they nominated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

FatherTed wrote: »
    Some gems from the RNC:

These guys dont know who they nominated.
    Lol, "John Bush" that sums it up.
    Maybe bushisms should be renamed to republicanisms.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

FatherTed wrote: »

Ha, democrats will have a field day with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

That's great. Care to elaborate?

Sorry about that...it was quite late and I was listening to coverage of it on Newstalk. Added to that I don't know a whole lot about the election [which will become apparent I'm sure]

I was listening to Brownback [I think] and I was just thinking he sounded like John Wayne or Charlton Heston [from my cold dead hand Columbine speech] and then he starts going on about True Grit. I couldn't believe my ears.
    The whole thing was crazy.
    The presenter later described how the audience were viewing scenes from 9/11..whilst a narrator promises how McCain will never let it happen again - we will win the war in Iraq. Followed by chanting 'yes we will' etc etc.. EM anyone like to point out that 9/11 was to do with DIFFERENT COUNTRY.

And Sarah Palin [who?] sorry to be cynical but isn't she just a poster girl for pro life - with her pregnant teenager and her "perfect son" - her words from her speech. I'm not in anyway trying to be controversial or disrespectful to her son in any way at all - but to use that situation for political gain - disgusting.

Honestly the whole thing was quite scary.

Advertisement