Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where can i get Vegan Cheese in dublin?

Options
  • 05-09-2008 2:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

or nutritional yeast for that matter.

looking for a decent vegan cheese to make a toasty with

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

The health food store on Georges St does both, at least I vaguely remember seeing nutritional yeast there.
    Nourish on Wicklow St and Lower Liffey St do the cheese, don't know if you can get nutritional yeast there though.

If you want cheese for a toasty, Redwood do 'super melting' cheese which is really good in toasties and on pizzas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

most healthfood shops should have the yeast. 'the health store' in stillorgan / blackrock / other places (check their website) usually has a few types of cheeses. i havent really found any vegan cheeses to love yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Yeah I agree, I can't eat vegan cheese in the same way I could with normal cheese. Its ok though in a toasted sandwhich or added to somthing like pasta sauce. All the subsitutes I've tried for milk/butter/yoghurt are fine but the cheese can be terrible, even the texture is all wrong.
    That nutritional yeast stuff is pretty rank, can't sand it.

never tried the nutritional yeast myself. meant to be full of B vitamins i think.

i have tried vegan cheese on pizza but have come to decide that te pizza is better without :) i have no desire for vegan cheese with anything! though, wouldnt mind trying the super melting one on toast one day. cheese on toast has a texture to it which i admit i wouldnt mind reminding of!

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

yeh i def found good vegan cheese in the us, but it always did tend to last not so long.

you should try the yeast, its a great addition to soups and stews as long as you dont use too much, and i personally love it on popcorn, and for making vegan mac and cheese

it is a good b vit source and beats the hell out of marmite which is great but mad amounts of sodium there isnt good.

• Advertisement

biZrb wrote: »
    Yeah I agree, I can't eat vegan cheese in the same way I could with normal cheese. Its ok though in a toasted sandwhich or added to somthing like pasta sauce. All the subsitutes I've tried for milk/butter/yoghurt are fine but the cheese can be terrible, even the texture is all wrong.
    That nutritional yeast stuff is pretty rank, can't sand it.

i didnt like it at first, but you get usd to it and then ant get enough...just dont overuse it at first..its like garlic, use it the wrong way and its bad

but, it isn't as cheap as garlic ;)

ah, if only...

I think pinenuts make a great sub for cheese in salads or on pizza.

somehow, adding pineapple chunks (which i never used to do) brought back the lust for a vegan pizza for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

slap/dash wrote: »
    or nutritional yeast for that matter.

looking for a decent vegan cheese to make a toasty with

NOT on ebay

i know this may be off topic but how did a thread as random as this make "thread of the day".
    Is thread of the day just randomly chosen?

• Advertisement

BaRcOe wrote: »
    NOT on ebay

i know this may be off topic but how did a thread as random as this make "thread of the day".
    Is thread of the day just randomly chosen?

I think that that question should be directed to the FAQ forum :)

any input on vegan cheese? feel free to join the discussion :D

thread of the day haha wheres my masseuse?

Advertisement