Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good venue for Christmas party

Options
  • 05-09-2008 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Hehe, wonder if i'm the first person to mention the 'C' word on this forum! Anyway, it falls to me to organise my companies Christmas party and I am trying to be organised this year and book early, not leaving it to the last minute like last year and ending up somewhere crap.

I am looking for a good restaurant in the city for a party of about 20-23, somewhere with a good fun atmosphere and preferably that can seat us all at one table (last year we were at two tables). I was thinking along the lines of Luigi Malone's, Soho, that kind of thing, has anyone any other suggestions I could try? (I want to avoid the 'party nights' that hotels do if possible).

Also has anyone any experiance of a Christmas party at the dog track? Would I be way to late to book that?

TIA!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

I would suggest the dog track. It's a brilliant night out, food is good and everyone has a great craic. I'd say you might be lucky enough to get one if you rang now alright even though it might be 2 weeks before xmas or something. I know someone who booked last year at the end of August and they got the 20th or something.... Saying that, there were only 15 of them too so maybe they were able to fit them in.

I suppose the easiest thing is to give them a buzz!? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cheerio

I think the Mardyke are already advertising for Christmas parties, they have bowling and karaoke and stuff if you were into that. http://www.mardyke.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

I would recommend the dog track too, they have private rooms u can hire out there with ur own private bar, its fantastic. They also do courtesy buses returning into the city every half hour. Cant beat that, plus the dogs, and music. Ring soon and you might be lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Ive been to a few in Soho and always had a great time,most people seem too as well

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

I booked the dog track last year it was fab but the bar closed around 12 or 12.30 which was a balls as it was a bit late for town at that stage. I had presumed there would be a bar extension as it was a fri night...doh!
    They year before we had our night out in Luigi's which was good. What's the deal with Soho do they have a band does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 fionaincork

never been to the dogs myself but i've heard great things about it. had good nights out in Luigi Malones and Soho too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

! was going to suggest Soho. its one of those places your guaranteed that everyone will have a great time. not too cheap,not too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

I'd steer clear of the big nights in the hotels as well as The Mardyke. The Dog Track is good. Most of the time I have been there was a bar extension - they also do the mini bus to town.

I know you said in town but if you're prepared to go as far as The Dog Track I would recommend Sean na mBads in Ringabella/Minane bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Moonwalk

Hello,
    Im new here ;), I know that, this topic was written year ago but i have a question about the same problem.

Its about x-mas party. Im looking for nice venue/restaurant for about 80 ppl in London.
    I used venue searcher :
    http://www.squaremeal.co.uk/venues/uk/view/22659/Tankersley_Manor
    They have special option 'christmas parties', I found some places for me but it would be great if some1 could recommend me any place.

Moonwalk wrote: »
    Hello,
    Im new here ;), I know that, this topic was written year ago but i have a question about the same problem.

Its about x-mas party. Im looking for nice venue/restaurant for about 80 ppl in London.
    I used venue searcher :
    http://www.squaremeal.co.uk/venues/uk/view/22659/Tankersley_Manor
    They have special option 'christmas parties', I found some places for me but it would be great if some1 could recommend me any place.
    Rife with brassers that place is

• Advertisement
Advertisement