Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Meteor settings to delete???

• 05-09-2008 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Got the N95 and its cool....I have wireless network at home, so I connect with that by default as most apps ask which connection to use. I am petrified that by mistake I will connect with Meteor and run up a massive bill. I wont be using Meteor connection AT ALL, ever -if I'm out I just wont -can I delete settings so I don't ever connect by mistake?? I just want it to search for wifi and nothing else....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

your not always going to be able to use wifi, it can be a lot cheaper to google a phone number on your phone than calling 11811...
    I wouldn't delete the settings altogether you never know when they might be handy....
    suggest you buy a small data add on....it's kinda defeates the whole purpose of an N95 without one....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

I know I know, but if I cant use wifi I wont use it at all, I want to delete the settings! I'm not going to buy a data add on cause its cheaper than 11811!! If Im out and cant connect, then I cant connect, tough titty for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Just set wifi as your preffered connection method, If I tries to connect to the net any other way you will have to ok it first.....go into settings and set the phone to always ask before making a connection.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

go into tools-settings-connection-access points and delete all the meteor ones if that's what you want to do. You might want to leave the mms ones though. They can only be used for picture messages so won't run up a bill accidentally

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    go into tools-settings-connection-access points and delete all the meteor ones if that's what you want to do. You might want to leave the mms ones though. They can only be used for picture messages so won't run up a bill accidentally

yep thanks! do I leave mms and delete data and wap??ive got mms and mms(01) Am I right in thinking that at some point I can just download the settings again from meteor if I want to, or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Delete the Meteor WAP, Meteor Data and Meteor MMS (01) APN settings and leave the Meteor MMS settings if you want to use MMS.

You can always send all the Meteor APN settings to your handset from the MyMeteor website whenever you want, so feel free to delete all the Meteor APN settings if you wish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

dragona wrote: »
    yep thanks! do I leave mms and delete data and wap??ive got mms and mms(01) Am I right in thinking that at some point I can just download the settings again from meteor if I want to, or not?

yes delete wap and data. mms(01) is just a copy of mms so one of them can be deleted but make sure of which one your phone is using first by going to menu-messaging-options-settings-multimedia message-access point in use

you can get them from the site again no problem

Thank you all so much!

Advertisement