Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covering up badly done tattoo

Options
  • 05-09-2008 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

4 Years ago i got a large tattoo across my lower back done in Thailand, to put it mildly -its a mess... and I need it covered up pronto!

It was a sun (in the middle) and leaves/branches either side. It was so painful I had to get it done over 3 days and thats prob why none of the lines join up or anything. The tattoist was also stoned! :(

Anyway I need to know would it be easy enough to cover up, Id like to replace the sun with a star and as for either side - I don;t know i'd have to talk to someone about what I really want.

Last time I got a tattoo in Ireland it cost £15- that was 1997! How much would I expect to pay these days, bear in mind it would be all black and goes the whole way across my lower back.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Minimum charges in studios now vary between €60 - €100 per hour... the €/£15 days are gone

Best bet is to go chat to a potential tattoo artist and see what they can do. You haven't posted any pics so we don't know if it's feasable.

Cover ups are generally a lot bigger than the original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ItalianPosh

Hope you learnt your lesson. You'll just have to cover up and love yourself the way you are. Tattoo removal is gonna be expensive and probably ineffective - Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

To the above poster: Harsh!! We all make mistakes!!! Depending on the size of the piece, there's always alternative options. Cover ups are generally the way to go, IMO. And there's tattoo removal, which has defo improved in recent years. There's always other options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

*raises eyebrow*

Hmmmm

*notes down details*

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Jaybee

Hope you learnt your lesson. You'll just have to cover up and love yourself the way you are. Tattoo removal is gonna be expensive and probably ineffective - Good luck!

Wtf :confused: You'd swear I did the tattoo myself! I like/love me, thanks very much. But that little or nothing to do with the tat.

Nobody said anything (well not me) about tattoo removal either. I would like to get another tattoo over it.

Thanks to the others for your constructive replies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement