Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daith

Options
  • 05-09-2008 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Okay so I’m looking at getting a Daith piercing. Good idea/bad idea? I’ve heard it has a high chance of rejecting – and can it be pierced with a smallish ring? I want it to fit neatly into the curves of the ear. Also are there any places better than others for this piercing in the Dublin area?

Cheers

Ps. How is it pronounced? Dayth or doth or some other way?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Depends if you are suited to the piercing or not, any piercer should be able to tell you handily enough.

It will most likely be pierced with a large enough ring or bent barbell to accomadate for swelling in the initial healing stages. Once it is all well and good you can get a piece of jewelry to fit more snugly.

Many studios around town, snakebite, bodyshock, inkwell, wildcat etc.

Just follow the after care and should be ok :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

My daith piercing is now retired; one day to be re-pierced.
    I highly recommend you are pierced with a curved barbell and a curved barbell only!
    Don't change it for a very long time and just basically leave it the hell alone at all times.
    They are very bitchy piercings in my experience.
    Migration is possible, especially with ring jewellery. Request for it to be pierced just a tad deeper than usual as you are paranoid?
    Good luck. They are awesome piercings. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Lilee

Thanks guys!
    I've my lobe, helix and conch pierced on the other ear and was basically feeling a bit lop-sided with only the lobe done on this ear. Was wanting something different and not along the outer rim of my ear. Decisions were between Daith and Rook.

Think I shall head down to town tomorrow and enquire at the piercers wether i've the correct anatomy for it :)

!!! - why a curved barbell instead of a ring? What are the benefits? (just curious - not slating!)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

With a curved barbell if there is any pressure exerted, it will merely be gravity pulling it down. With a ring, it can move around much too freely, and it's center of gravity is off to the side of your piercing, so even gravity would encourage your piercing to migrate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Lilee

With a curved barbell if there is any pressure exerted, it will merely be gravity pulling it down. With a ring, it can move around much too freely, and it's center of gravity is off to the side of your piercing, so even gravity would encourage your piercing to migrate.

Aah good thinking, there.

Decisions decisions, though. I really do hate the look of barbells...I'll see what the piercer recommends tomorrow and take it from there, I guess.

• Advertisement
Advertisement