Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise

• 05-09-2008 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anybody else out there is picking this up (release date today). I've mine ordered from videogameplus.ca as it's region free (only works out at about €30). Loved the first one and the fact that this has co-op might get the girlfriend involved as well:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

i'm thinking the same about getting the girlfriend involved. Loved the first one and I might get her Pocket Paradise to see if its her sort of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

ah im going to pick this up today.. didn't think it was out for another while. :D It probably is the only game you could get your girlfriend into.. although mine does like skate!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

copy arrived on tuesday, played it for an hour

had no idea whatsoever what was going on and gave up

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,797 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You really need to do the tutorials in viva pinata, it's quite a complex game. Once you grasp it though it's quite easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Cadeaus

Started playing the original last night.

It's more addictive than crack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yea I was addicted to the 1st one.. Started playing this and seems alot easier for people starting out.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Hoping that this will arrive on monday. It'll probably be the last game I get till Christmas as I have too many unfinished titles (mostly Ps2 but I've still to beat the last boss on Ninja Gaiden 2).

The first one was brilliant, totally unlike the games I'd play normally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Cadeaus

I know, I never thought it would be this good. But now my real life problems have been completely dwarfed by ones like how to get me bleedin doenut to stop startin fights! Any tips in that respect, or in general?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Cadeaus wrote: »
    I know, I never thought it would be this good. But now my real life problems have been completely dwarfed by ones like how to get me bleedin doenut to stop startin fights! Any tips in that respect, or in general?

Definitely use the game encyclopedia on how to attract different pinatas etc. Found this to be a great help. At the start I was just attracting all my pinatas by chance!

I think if some of your pinatas are fighting best get rid of one breed. I think you are meant to be able to soak them with your watering to stop them but it never worked for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,797 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Vyse wrote: »
    I think if some of your pinatas are fighting best get rid of one breed. I think you are meant to be able to soak them with your watering to stop them but it never worked for me.

You can but only just before they start fighting. If they begin to fight there's nothing you can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Certain breeds just won't get along, so you can't really keep both without fighting. Like Ponockies and Horsetachios.

Got a nice garden going now, level 70-something gardener, some real expensive wildcards too, like my Tigermisu sabretooth, worth 75k now :-O

If anyone's looking for any particular pinatas feel free to drop me a message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I pre-ordered mine from GAME, so hope to have it today or tomorrow.
    It was supposed to come with 10 exclusive cards, but seemingly they forgot to include them so they put them up online instead.
    If anyone has the Vision web cam and a colour printer, you can get the images here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,878 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

mcgovern wrote: »
    I pre-ordered mine from GAME, so hope to have it today or tomorrow.
    It was supposed to come with 10 exclusive cards, but seemingly they forgot to include them so they put them up online instead.
    If anyone has the Vision web cam and a colour printer, you can get the images here.

You don't need a printer, you can put them on your ipod and scan them from that, or so I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cate

I'm trying to find the cheapest copy of Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise. I have found quite a few that say "region free". As I have never bought a game for my husband's xbox360 before (and he only has PAL games), is it fine to buy a region free game or do you have to do something to the console to make it play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,878 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

cate wrote: »
    I'm trying to find the cheapest copy of Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise. I have found quite a few that say "region free". As I have never bought a game for my husband's xbox360 before (and he only has PAL games), is it fine to buy a region free game or do you have to do something to the console to make it play?
    No, it works fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

cate wrote: »

Not sure where you're planning on buying from, but it's $39.99CDN on VG+ at the moment. (€31.56 including delivery)
    I'd heartily recommend them, as will many others here.:)

Advertisement