Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

betfair site rubbish!

Options
  • 05-09-2008 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Played betfair for the first time last night, played the wospe free roll just to see what the site was like and all tough I qualified for the main sat, I absolutly hated it , constantly getting disconnected, where as on stars which I normally play I never have problems, very rare anyhow, it just everything about it, software, table size with a big window attached to it for bet, raise ect,
    I know I certainly won't be putting any funds it to it.
    Any other boardies play here that actually like it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

It is the worst software by far. However the disconnection problems are somewhat solvable.
    In the lobby click on preferences; then click on network; then click on change port(this is set to auto by default); Choose port 993. And very important, you have to exit the software and reload it for any changes to take effect.
    If 993 doesn't work for you, try one of the others. But each time remember to exit the software,and reload it to check if its worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭belfastlad

it can't be worse than bodog's lobby. looking at theirs made my head hurt. say what you want about ipoker and all the beats etc but there software lobby etc is by far the best in the online poker network imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dangerousdavid

I use BF regularly (as well as Stars), and it is total mince. Not sure if it is a network disconnect that I get, more like some sort of Graphics driver error. Anyone know if the graphics requirement on that site is greater than Stars for instance?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭k101

ive been a playing a bit on it the last week. i agree that the way the tables are resized is not the best if your trying to play a few tables . i havent had any problems getting disconnected yet anyway. Thank god for holdemmmanager as betfairs hand history option is pathetic as it only goes back one hand..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭The Improver

It is the worst software by far. However the disconnection problems are somewhat solvable.
    In the lobby click on preferences; then click on network; then click on change port(this is set to auto by default); Choose port 993. And very important, you have to exit the software and reload it for any changes to take effect.
    If 993 doesn't work for you, try one of the others. But each time remember to exit the software,and reload it to check if its worked.

Thanks for the tip but don't think I could play there again after the sat tonight, it's just horrible software.
    It was the very first site I played on about 3,4 years ago and it wasn't that bad then but since they changed the software it was only for the worst, don't know why they changed, think it was something to do with having there own skin, they did a good job of it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭k101

Betfair used to be on the cryptologic network but they decided to buy pokerchamps which is the software they are using now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭eoin-dubh

:D:D

wow........best advice.....blew 95% of BR thanks to betfair discos 2 year ago....

since heeding this advice and going back to betfair I've played 14 freerolls in 50+ hours and not one disco yet !!

better late than never !!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

I still hate the software in general. On the plus side though, there has to be at least one person at your table who's on super monkey tilt due to disconnection problems!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭herewegoagain

Agree with everything here..Connectionability is horrible...Standard of play is horrible (sometimes not a bad thing) and software itself..well..its no Stars

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

DBC?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭herewegoagain

I am not DBC..I regd in June..Is every new account now probed to be DBC??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Mr Mondo

Who is DBC?

Advertisement