Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connacht Season Ticket Delay

• 05-09-2008 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭

A quick note for any other supporters wondering where their season ticket has ended up (thanks to Ticketmaster) with the first game kicking off this evening. Connacht Branch have finally sent out a notice hidden a the end of a newsletter e-mail. I think the last sentence sums the whole mess up.
    Some of you may not have received your season tickets yet. They have been posted out but if you don't get them today/are coming straight from work to the match don't worry. We'll have a list of season ticket holder's names at the gates to get you into the match. We apologise for any incontinence this has caused.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Haha, a list of season ticket holders at the gates?

How many do Connacht get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭Legion2008

Well I still haven't gotten the Leinster season ticket either ... what the hell was the 17quid service charge for ?

Problem is I order a bunch for some friends but I'm going on holifdays next week and they're all due to get posted to me .... I am not going to be popular :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

My ticket arrived at lunch time but it's been a bloody farce. The only saving grace is that they've gone back to the credit card style system instead of the book of coded individual tickets.

Robbo wrote: »
    My ticket arrived at lunch time but it's been a bloody farce. The only saving grace is that they've gone back to the credit card style system instead of the book of coded individual tickets.

Are you sure, I thought it was still the book of tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭Legion2008

I thought it was going to be a booklet as well ... the credit card thing is a mess if you want to give tickets to friends if you can't attend the matches.

Prefer the booklet to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

zAbbo wrote: »
    It's supposed to be credit card this year. I'd guess that mine is sitting at home with the post but as I'm at work I'll have to take my chances with the list.
    Robbo wrote: »
    The only saving grace is that they've gone back to the credit card style system instead of the book of coded individual tickets.
    That and you've only suffered inconvenience rather than the incontinence that Connacht have advised fans of.
    Legion2008 wrote: »
    Prefer the booklet to be honest.
    I prefer the credit card. I can just put it in my wallet and not have to worry about forgetting to remember the ticket book and having to sprint home at the last minute after forgetting it. The booklet was just cumbersome.

I'm almost 100% certain it's a book of tickets system.

Mine's at home waiting for me today

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Attached.

What I hated most about the book of tickets was having to check whether ticket 13 in magenta was the right one for the game you were going to.

Sorry thought you meant the Leinster tickets.

The card does seem handy enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Sorry thought you meant the Leinster tickets.
    I can see how the confusion arose.

The howling wind and driving rain arrived in Galway an hour or so ago so it looks like it's all systems go for the Connacht season to start. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Was just gonna wage in there and say I think you're both talking about the two different season tickets. :)

I've had both with Leinster, Booklet and credit card and I have to say I prefer the booklet as well. If you lose your wallet with the credit card, game over man. Tickets gone.

Got my tickets yesterday, decent package, a Leinster members scarf, wallet size fixture list, some coupons and a ML Champs 07/08 poster.

That's a mess with the Connacht tickets though, in fairness it shouldn't have been left to the last minute in the first place, especially with a home game up first.

Advertisement