Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone that is primarily a mp3 player with good camera?

• 05-09-2008 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a phone with good mp3 features, should have a 3.5mm jack as standard (I hate those adaptors). Should have decent memory size, min 16GB, or at least 16GB when you have an additional card in it. Should have a decent camera too.

I do not care what the phone functions are like, I know it will probably come with bluetooth etc as standard, but it is unimportant. i.e. somebody might be thinking "this phone would be great but its bluetooth is so poor it is not worth buying". GPS would be the only other thing I might use, but is not important at all, and doesnt have to have it.

The size is not important, I would prefer a strong phone as mine tend to get abused :)

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭randombar

Eh easy, the iphone!! Camera is only ok compared to the SE K series but as an mp3 player much better in my opinion!

strong phone + camera + mp3 player don't really come hand in hand though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What about the new nokia 6220 Classic...5mp camera, MP3, GPS with free maps for 3mts and it can take 8GB Memory...

Or else an 8G N95....

If it's just music you really want, I quite fancy the Sony W910i, it's a really good walman and pictures look nice and crisp even though it's only a 2MP....easy on the pocket...€169 with meteor and a gig of memory...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

I have the sony erricson k850i does all of the above (can have a 16 gig mem card) for tunes & pics and a 5 mexapixel camera which is decent.. but it doesn't have the standard earphone jack - it comes with handsfree and u can use them for tunes & they are grand - but if you will only go for standard earphone jack ignore my post :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

i've a few adapters knocking around that can convert a sony jack into an ordinary jack...you can pick them up on ebay for very little...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pawelt

se w960i - comes with 8gig of built- in memory, touchscreen and very good sound quality in standart =) it also has uiq3 symbian, and that means that there's plenty of software for it (including couple mp3 players, for ex. lgc jukebox with 10 band equalizer).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ruprect

Thanks for all the advice. I had been looking at the N95, but for some reason I was sure it didn't have a 3.5mm jack, I see now that it does so it might be the one for me. Will check out the others first though.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

Check out the N82 aswell. N95 with a proper flash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭Keith186

I've an N95 8gb they're very good.

Advertisement