Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothes on floor become damp/wet

Options
  • 05-09-2008 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I havent had the heat on in the house yet this year (since summer) but I notice that sometimes when I get into bed, my bed feels damp. Also, if I leave clothes on the floor anywhere close to the external wall they will feel damp when I pick them up.

I'm in the house three years and have never found any other evidence of dampness (mould etc...). The house is about 50 years old, its an ex council house.

Has anyone experienced this? Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭NickTellis

You probably just need to ventilate the room(s) a bit more. Leave a window or 2 and a few of the bedroom doors open to create a good through-draught. If this isn't possible I'd highly recommend picking up a decent dehumidifier - it'll pick up a good few litres of water in the room in a just couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,168 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Are you sleeping on the ground floor or upstairs?
    What's under the floor? Wood? Solid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

10-10-20 wrote: »
    Are you sleeping on the ground floor or upstairs?
    What's under the floor? Wood? Solid?

I'm sleeping upstairs. The floor has floorboards.

I was talking to someone else who thought it could be ventilation aswell.

Advertisement