Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today FM New AC/DC Track

• 05-09-2008 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

The bint sitting in for Ray D'arcy just gave the first play of the new AC/DC single Runaway Train, their first new material in years and she started f@cking talking halfway through it and then went to the news... UNFORGIVABLE!!!

although the track itself was absolutely smoking from what I heard.:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What else would one expect from Today FM in daytime hours?

Most DJs have nothing but contempt for anything that is not the sound of the thier own voice, its why most music radio is so hard to listen too.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Tallspoon wrote: »
    The bint sitting in for Ray D'arcy just gave the first play of the new AC/DC single Runaway Train, their first new material in years and she started f@cking talking halfway through it and then went to the news... UNFORGIVABLE!!!

Don't mean to be nitpicking, but it wasn't the first play ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Bit rude to call her a 'bint' to be honest.

Plus the girl was clearly not used to presenting a programme, as could be seen from the rest of the show, so she got her timing off and had to come out of it early - big whoop... as elviscostello said, it wasn't the first play of it anyway, just your first time hearing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

It's been the song of the week on the Ian Dempsey show all week so it's been played quite a bit already.

Who was in for D'arcy? Ann-Marie Kelly? Don't think she could get away with the excuse that she's not used to presenting. She's had a show for years..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Don't think it was A.M. Kelly - To me, it sounded like one of the women who co-presents/produces the show with him normally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Tallspoon

OK ok so it wasnt the first play, I herby withdraw that point!!!
    ...that wasnt really my main point. If you look at some of the other threads complaining at how bad Irish radio is this is another example. How on Earth is a complete amateur allowed airtime on one of the most popular shows on national radio. She plays a track and talks over tha last third of it.
    Thats my rant over...im off to listen to BBC on my internet radio!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Bard wrote: »
    Don't think it was A.M. Kelly - To me, it sounded like one of the women who co-presents/produces the show with him normally.

Twas AM Kelly alright .... and had a show for years? Is she not on earlies any more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

shes still on earlies heard her during the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

She was in for D'arcy on friday only. On other days they just jigged around the schedule by extending Ian Dempseys and Ray Foleys shows.

I think if it was done as a one off by accident, then get over it.

I've heard mistakes mad on just about every station at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Singer73

That ACDC track sounded like a cross between Shania Twain and Whitesnake - utter rubbish. 'Runaway train coming down the track'.. - Down the track? Really? Not down the rainbow? or down the left hand side of the swimming pool?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Tallspoon

...But its AC/DC you tool, what the f@ck do you expect them to sound like!!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Tallspoon wrote: »

Christ almighty. Has she any idea what she just did? My relationship with Today FM is non-existant. I would probably start to smoke and burn up if I started reaching the 100 range. Hate the station with a passion and have been really looking forward to the brand new AC/DC material. If it was any other radio station in another country there would be uproar. Imagine doing that in Melbourne where AC/DC have a street sign named after them.

Can't wait for Black Ice, recorded in Vancouver.

Advertisement