Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBB Get FF TD To Pimp Their Service ( and Diss Digiweb)

Options
  • 05-09-2008 12:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

I was fascinated to see this article which clearly states that NBB's satellite is better than Digiwebs satellite .

http://www.limerickpost.ie/dailynews.elive?id=8955
    A NEW satellite system is to provide broadband internet services for homes in county Limerick, including areas previously advised by providers that they were off limits.

Thats a new one on me , I never know that Digiweb 2 Way satellite had blackspots in County Limerick that NBB 2 way sat can service .

I was even more astounded at :eek: the source for the article :eek:
    Irish company National Broadband, has launched a new residential satellite broadband product that does not require a landline and is available throughout the County, confirmed Niall Collins, TD.

Eh WTF like ??? What does Niall Collins know about 2 way satellite coverage or indeed any other technology ????
    It will also be suitable for those homes in the city or larger towns who do not want to install a landline, due to the use of satellite these people will also be able to get Broadband under this service".

I suppose he simply forgot all about that National Broadband Scheme his own government promised us about 2-3 years back...of which no sign at all , most likely cancelled outright in the cuts :(

I am not in the least surprised at the lack of broadband in County Limerick if they keep electing complete charlatans like Niall Collins to the Dáil , in fact they deserve no Broadband services out there just for being divvies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The Limerick post is free and makes cheap safe bedding for our small furry pets. We were advised by the now deceased Peter Gurney that it is safe as long as they don't read it.

The only scary places I know in Limerick are some parts of some estates in/near City that already have UPC cable. I can't think what could be "off limits", esp. in the County.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

NBB have phone via satellite.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

The colours are all over the shop in the OP's post if you arent using the standard boards theme. Try it in black theme :(

Advertisement