Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much should i expect to pay for a 26 inch back wheel??

Options
  • 05-09-2008 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Just the back wheel with the cassette. I don't want a tyre or tube. What should i expect to pay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

That depends...

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Cmc29

Very vague. Depends on what? I would be looking for aluminum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Cmc29 wrote: »
    Very vague. Depends on what? I would be looking for aluminum

Well it's like asking something like "How much should I expect to pay for a computer?"

Is it a very basic wheel you're looking for or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

What sort of bike is it? What sort of riding do you do? Disc brakes or rim brakes?

Well i gave a bit of detail about what i was looking for. I don't want to be forking out big bucks but i want something that will do the job. Maybe what i should of asked was what would be the least i should expect to pay for one??

• Advertisement

I just use it to cycle around. Nothing strenuous. Mountain bike with rim brakes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Wheel will be around 45-50 euro and you'll have to pay for the cassette then as well, probably around 10 quid for a cheap cassette. If your current cassette is very worn, then it's a bit of a problem as you may need to change the chain and front chainrings as well. The chain gets warped to suit the worn cog, so won't fit correctly onto a proper cassette anymore. This in turn causes the front chainring to wear away/warp so may also need to be changed. If it's just a crappy run around bike, and money is tight, best bet might be to keep your existing cassette.

Advertisement