Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is this a good deal? Renault Megavan

Options
  • 05-09-2008 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hey all, my company are selling some of their vans and i was half thinking of buying one, the one i was interested is 2006 model Renault Megavan, its a kind of facelift model with fancier rear lights, chrome door handles, multispoke alloys etc. theres 63k kms on it, they are looking for €8000. Is this a good deal? or even a good van or do i stear well clear of these vans, I've done a search and seen some comments people had on them and they dont seem too bad. Any comments gratefully appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I think they'd be alright for a van.I'm guessing that would have the 86bhp 1.5dci. Afaik, this would be a lot more reliable than an equivalent petrol and be very fuel efficient.About 60mpg, i would reckon.It probably wouldnt be as big in the back as a golf or focus van, though

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I would try to contact the person who was driving the van to see what they thought of the van while they drove it before deciding to buy it. Was it reliable, what repairs were done to it.

Also the fact that it was owned by a company probably means it was serviced and maintained properly by a main dealer. Check the service history, that should also give you an idea of how trouble free it was.

Advertisement