Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crusty blaas

• 05-09-2008 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

where's the best retail outlet for crusty blaas in waterford?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

hickeys bakery Barrack St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Indeed, get em early while they are fresh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 _FRANK_

indeed i will,i hear crusty blass are awfull afraid of going soft shhh!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

pommers wrote: »
    hickeys bakery Barrack St.

Best bet there alright. The amount of decent blaas dropped with the closure of the portlaw bakery :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

SuperQuinn make them since the store was cleaned up there a while ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

The Spar on barrack street have good crusty blaas, maybe they get them from Hickeys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭djsupreme

Am I alone in not liking so much the crusty variety?

Give me a soft blaa covered in flour anyday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Yum Blaa's , the shop out in Granagh does lovely ones, always used go there for my lunch everyday, those where the days! ham chesse , and a packet of tayto chesse and O. YUM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

djsupreme wrote: »

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

Best crusty blaas can be got it Day Today in Griffith Place. I highly recommend their crusty ham salad blaa :pac: A close second is the Corner Shop on the Upper Yellow Road. I have a rule that you have to be able to knock on the blaa to make sure they are crusty enough!! :p I love fresh tayto crumbled in a rock hard blaa with small bit of dairy gold & a slice of cheese or a meanie blaa. Can't stand soft blaas in this house!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Jesus, I'd murder a tayto blaa.

Though, we all know that the best blaa's come from south Kilkenny :D

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Jesus, I'd murder a tayto blaa.

Though, we all know that the best blaa's come from south Kilkenny :D

haha that they do :p!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Heh, Hearney's ftw. :)

I think I'll grab a tayto blaa for the spin up to Dublin today.

Anyways, I've always been a soft blaa kinda guy. What are Superquinns blaa's like?

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Heh, Hearney's ftw. :)

I think I'll grab a tayto blaa for the spin up to Dublin today.

Anyways, I've always been a soft blaa kinda guy. What are Superquinns blaa's like?

Superquinns blaas are yuck, love the rest of there stuff though.

totally agree with you!! there brown bread (the square one) think its calls seans brown is lovely , nyom nyom nyom

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Out of curiosity, has this always been the case? Even since the new store? I ask because one of the staff members at the bakery was explaining that they couldn't cook them in-store for ages as the machine was broken and with the new store the cooker would be finally fixed/replaced so they could start making them again. Just curious does/did it make any difference or are they still crap?

I haven't had a blaa in ages - they don't look fresh anywhere in Tramore. Must head into town and get some. Whens the best time to get them in town?

Didn't see any in there since the makeover, so might pop in and see what they are like now! But don't think they could beat harneys bakery,as good n all as they are in superquinn. They also have nice blaas in centra in Tramore but ya would want ta be up there early,i suppose ya would want ta get your blaas early no matter where ya get em!

Didn't see any in there since the makeover, so might pop in and see what they are like now! But don't think they could beat harneys bakery,as good n all as they are in superquinn. They also have nice blaas in centra in Tramore but ya would want ta be up there early,i suppose ya would want ta get your blaas early no matter where ya get em!

The old Centra up at the Cove used to have them around lunch time.. I forgot about the new Centra. What time roughly is a good time?

Sully wrote: »
    The old Centra up at the Cove used to have them around lunch time.. I forgot about the new Centra. What time roughly is a good time?

I would say around 9ish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 _FRANK_

yes but those blaas are soft blaas in the new centra.sully this thread is about crusty blass please stay on topic

• Advertisement

_FRANK_ wrote: »
    yes but those blaas are soft blass in the new centra.sully this thread is about crusty blass please stay on topic

Ah my apologises Frank ;) *bows out*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭mang

i still havent had a blaa.... i been here 8 years.

mang wrote: »
    i still havent had a blaa.... i been here 8 years.

:eek:Get yourself down to barrack street to hickeys bakery tomorrow and get a lovely crusty blaa for yourself!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Supertech

Mang, you don't know what you're missing !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

The blaas from walshes bakery over on ballybricken used to be the best ever, very sad when that closed down (its where the bookies is now, between the strip joint and the exchange bar)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭luvlylady

The Corner Shop at the top of the Yellow Road do proper crusty blaas. I hate shops that sell imitation blaas, they're just full of air. I wouldn't go passed The Corner shop for my crusty blaa!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭mang

i walk/cycle past hickeys everyday, i never go in.. i guess ill have to find someone to hold my hand :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

They are amazing. Especially ham salad ones with taytos!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tiny-tyno

The Spar on barrack street have good crusty blaas, maybe they get them from Hickeys?

Ya I used to work in Spar in Barracks street for two years and they get them from Hickeys, he comes up every morning with soft and crusty Blass at about 8 am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

djsupreme wrote: »

Stick 2 sausages and red sauce in there and you got yourself a deal mister!

Advertisement