Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formating

Options
  • 05-09-2008 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

Hey guys I wasn't quite sure where to put this thread so if I'm in the wrong place could the mods please move accordingly, anyway I need to format my computer which is running windows Vista home Premium, how do I do it?

By the way the PC I'm formatting does not have internet so I can't download any softwares and when I say format I mean nuke everything

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Its easy, as long as you have the reinstallation / windows vista cd key

go to the bios either by hitting DEL or f2 change the boot sequence to cdrom as primary, it's normally in advanced bios setting tab. put in the cd and reboot the rest is easy

just follow the instructions.

If you need drivers for ethernet etc etc you should have them in the cd keys that came with pc, otherwise youll have to re download

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

I've got a disc with all the drivers on it:cool::cool::cool:

Then you're SORTED :D just go into the bios, change the boot sequence to cdrom, restart and put in your windows cd. Follow the instructions (It's REALLY straightforward) then when windows has installed fire in the cd with all your drivers and you will have no hassle, dont fret about it, it's an easy process :D

:D

Ok this is what is happening I follow the instructions given to me by sunzz and it then leads me into a similar setup process that happens when I put the CD in without changing the boot sequence with format mentioned once, is this supposed to happen?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Keggers wrote: »
    Ok this is what is happening I follow the instructions given to me by sunzz and it then leads me into a similar setup process that happens when I put the CD in without changing the boot sequence with format mentioned once, is this supposed to happen?

When you set the sequence to boot from the CD did you quit and save?

Then when you are booting up there will be a message asking do you want to boot from the CD where you accept by entering return otherwise the pc will continue to boot up from the system.

Does it save automatically?

Normally it should be f10, to save and exit the bios after you've changed the settings, then upon formatting completion change the primary boot back to HDisk.

If f10 doesn't work just look down at the bottom of the bios when you're changing the boot sequence and it will give you instructions on how to save, hell there should even be an exit tab up the top which gives you diff varieties of saving and exiting, hf :D

Advertisement