Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday complaints

Options
  • 05-09-2008 1:44pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm hoping to get advice on what to do next regarding the following situation. I'll keep it brief.

My parents went on a very well deserved 2-week break to the Canaries in May through a travel company. 2 week stay in 4-star hotel, full board, the works.

Holiday was a disaster, food was rubbish, staff were terribly rude, no english speaking doctor on call, no sign of any rep, no way near a 4-star hotel in any way.

My parents arent one to complain, but I am. 2,000 euro for this holiday was a disgrace.

I contacted the travel agency and told them of the complaints in mid-June, and I received an e-mail full of silly excuses which were completely unacceptable. They said that they would investigate, but because the hotel was so busy, it might take a while to get a response.

I have sent 2 more email, and I keep getting told there has been no response. It's getting rediculous.

I intend to send a final letter looking for some sort of compensation. I want to tell them that I will be investigating ways to make sure this is resolved asap.

My question is, i'm not sure what to do next? Is there a third party I can contact to deal with this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Some info here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

Don't you have to complain streight away when you are on the holiday, so that the tour operator has the possibility to rectify the complaints?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

mdebets is correct. Nothing will be done beacuse your parents didnt report the issue to the rep and give them a chance to sort it out like move their hotel or upgrade their room free of charge etc.
    If this was done and a customer service report was filled out and logged then you would have some stance but i really doubt you'll get any more than a list of excuses at this stage!
    Sorry :(

Advertisement