Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Much on this weekend?

Options
  • 05-09-2008 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

So I will be heading up to Galway with the missus tomorrow evening and coming home Monday. Neither of us has been up there in years and years. Staying out in salthill for the weekend.

Is there anything on that you would recomend? What late bars are good craic around the area? Salthill is not that far from the city right? What would we be looking at for a cab in?

Care to recomend a good place to eat (She is a tree hugging veggie, so it would be nice if the place had a cracking vegitarian menu, but also served freshly killed livestock for myself).

I remember when I was a kid and used to come to Galway once or twice a year with my folks there was always funfairs and the like there. The missus loves fun fairs, are they still there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Have a look at the sticky "Activities and resources in Galway".
    Lots of things there, have fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭ChiefBrody

biko wrote: »
    Have a look at the sticky "Activities and resources in Galway".
    Lots of things there, have fun :)

That's a pretty sh*t plan... He could do that from home...

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gd1987

Taxi from salthill is cheap bout 7-8 euro. There are small entertainment guides left in B&B's, hotels, shops etc.. that will have lots of info about whats going on around town. As for the amusements, they've packed up for another year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

For eating, try Kashmir (Indian). Lovely restaurant round the corner from Roisin Dubh, Blue Note and Bierhaus pubs (Dominick St, between Eyre Square and Salthill)

Loads of veggie choice on it and obviously plenty of meat. Pubs listed above are my favourites along with Massimo, also in that area. If you like casual, dress wise and deep house and alternative, they are for you (both dress wise and music wise).

If not, head up the other side of town towards Eyre Square. Meat markets, chart hits, short skirts and young lads not able to hold their drink.

It's been a while since I've been up that way, thankfully...

PS Roisin's is main one for a late drink down there with music and good smoking area.

PS2 Fun Fair pulled out last week. Weather's ****e up here anyway.

Have a good weekend.

Advertisement