Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chic-King coming to town........

Options
  • 05-09-2008 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭

I see the site of the old Kranks is being converted in a Chic-King. From my googling it seems to a chain from the UAE! Anybody ever eaten in one?

Do they not realise this is Chicken Hut town? They just can't come in here, claiming to have the best chicken around. They better have the goods to back it up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Unless they have some kind of version of "The Mystery Gravy" from the chicken hut then all I can say is:

EPIC FAIL !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

RonMexico wrote: »
    Unless they have some kind of version of "The Mystery Gravy" from the chicken hut then all I can say is:

EPIC FAIL !

You can't beat a slice of gravy on your chips. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Just bring back Kranks - it's been there for as long as I can remember and the Club Burger & Garlic Chips with Cheese cannot be replicated. Kranks Korner Club Burger yum yum yum :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Hansel

Can't beat that chicken hut gravy with some chips purchased in Enzo's.

<Drool>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

The Snack Shack next to Raheen food stores have somehow acquired this gravy and sell it with real size chipper chips!

• Advertisement

selpher wrote: »
    The Snack Shack next to Raheen food stores have somehow acquired this gravy and sell it with real size chipper chips!

You mean they steal the old fat from the chicken huts fryers :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    You mean they steal the old fat from the chicken huts fryers :eek:

They may very well do. And I don't mean to be controversial but, they may even top it!

They may very well do. And I don't mean to be controversial but, they may even top it!

Heathen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 cathyb03

i think a pizza hut or maybe one of those real gourmet burger place would be better needed cause chicken hut does have a loyal following.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Chicken hut! Five years ago... My first time ever. Never again since then.

• Advertisement

I tried some Chick-King during the summer.Not too bad at all,a bit on the expensive side but the chicken tastes fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Papa Ginos still in Limerick- it was da best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Chicken Hut all the way - must try snack shop for the gravy though, bet it wont be up to par

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ah the chicken hut, refuse of drunken people who dont care what the shovel in their mouth after 2am , that gravy is rancid, liquified chicken skins ,bleurchh

krudler wrote: »
    ah the chicken hut, refuse of drunken people who dont care what the shovel in their mouth after 2am , that gravy is rancid, liquified chicken skins ,bleurchh

sounds like you know it well:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Last time I ate from Chicken hut was about 9 years ago...the chips were fried on the outside and ice on the inside...as well as the burger being rank.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I always get the gravy from chicken hut(which my grandmother can make, brilliance) and go to BK. XL Bacon Double Cheeseburger meal with that gravy, it just doesnt get any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I don't think I was ever eaten from the Chicken Hut sober, wouldn't be daft enough.

bazz26 wrote: »
    I don't think I was ever eaten from the Chicken Hut sober, wouldn't be daft enough.

I was never eaten there either but then I dont think Im a chicken even when Im drunk. Are you barred?

ninty9er wrote: »
    Last time I ate from Chicken hut was about 9 years ago...the chips were fried on the outside and ice on the inside...as well as the burger being rank.

You obviously lack a cultured pallatte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Wots with the KFC gravy. its tastes like brown dishwater.

+1 for Chicken hut gravy....mmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I see the site of the old Kranks is being converted in a Chic-King. From my googling it seems to a chain from the UAE!

Are you sure it is not Chick-King instead? They are part of the Abrakebabra Group. http://www.chickking.ie/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JOHNNY ROTTEN

:D YES, IT IS CHICK KING, PART OF THE ABRAKEBABRA GROUP SAW IT IN THE WEBSITE, HAD SOME RECENTLY IN NEWBRIDGE , CHICKEN IS FANTASTIC AND SO IS THE GRAVY:D

:D YES, IT IS CHICK KING, PART OF THE ABRAKEBABRA GROUP SAW IT IN THE WEBSITE, HAD SOME RECENTLY IN NEWBRIDGE , CHICKEN IS FANTASTIC AND SO IS THE GRAVY:D
    whatever you say about abrakebabra - it aint gourmet - but it always good even sober

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

LIES! LIES! LIES!

I tested this myth out today and was utterly disappointed, i will agree that they tried to copy chicken hut gravy - but it is still very different and lacking in that dodgy taste and texture we all have grown to love from the chicken hut gravy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Someone I know got a gravy chip, complete with used and stained plaster before!

mmmmmmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Hansel

Someone I know got a gravy chip, complete with used and stained plaster before!

mmmmmmmm.

That's enough to almost put me off the stuff. Almost.

Great hangover cure too.

Advertisement