Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flooring Attic

Options
  • 05-09-2008 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭

Could someone please recommend/link to what I could floor my attic with?
    House is new build but complete.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

I used the loft flooring T+G packs in Homebase. There is more information here on attic flooringhttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055218631&highlight=attic+flooring
    Also here http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=9874

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Could buy 1200 x 2400mm Osb board and cut to 600mm widths or even 400mm width. Would be cheaper and easy to do with a circular saw.

Consider raising access path over joist to maintain depth of insulation (250mm min IMO) Might use 100 x 50mm fixed perpendicular to joists, screw fix. It should be possible to maintain at least 250mm insulation, using this method.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

There are 2400 x 600 sheets of OSB board available for sale from all local building supplier stores. The sheets aren't terrible expensive, are known as loft boards and because of there slim width are easy to get into an attic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Heatherview

Hi Mickey Sligo

2440 x 690mm OSB Board TG4 This board is tongued and grooved all round good for that type of work narrow board will fit up into attic. Any builder merchants can supply.

Heatherview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

recently did this in my own attic and used 8x2 sheets of tongue and groove chipboard, works out at about 10 euro a sheet in my local merchants

• Advertisement
Advertisement