Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to calibrate Dipped Beams?

Options
  • 05-09-2008 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi there

my 91 Toyota Starlet has just failed its NCT because its nearside dipped beam was too high. Ive read the nct manual and it give a good idea of how to test it but it omits certain details, eg the distance the car must be from the testing wall and the distance between the 0% and the 2% lines(as in the manual for 0-850mm car height pg 41)

does it matter what distance the car is from the wall and should the right dipped beam be the same as the left?(if so i can just calibrate them to be the same)

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Yuppie wrote: »
    Hi there

my 91 Toyota Starlet has just failed its NCT because its nearside dipped beam was too high. Ive read the nct manual and it give a good idea of how to test it but it omits certain details, eg the distance the car must be from the testing wall and the distance between the 0% and the 2% lines(as in the manual for 0-850mm car height pg 41)

does it matter what distance the car is from the wall and should the right dipped beam be the same as the left?(if so i can just calibrate them to be the same)

thanks

Take my advice and forget trying to do this yourself. In theory, say if the passenger side has passed for alignment and your drivers side has failed for too low or too high, you could use a wall to mark the correct height and adjust the lamp with the incorrect setting accordingly. For the sake of 20 Euro though, it's more hassle than it's worth.

Advertisement