Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 * Star pizza-the cheek!

Options
  • 05-09-2008 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

Fancied a pizza for lunch so rang up the said pizza place at 12.30pm..thinking itd be here nice on time for lunch at 1 or thereabouts! Literally it just showed up 15 minutes ago 2.35pm!!!

I spent most of my lunchbreak starving and on the phone to the branch i ordered it from (no answer for a solid 40 minutes) and head office (no reply either)!
    So 2 hours later..the delivery guy is standing there with my soggy cold pizza and still expected me to pay! Ha! Not a chance...couldnt believe the cheek of them! Anyway...they gave it for free but my god what a shockingly bad pizza!

This country honestly has the worst customer service i have ever seen!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

ven0m wrote: »
    Apache has a FBI Spy (see their site Apache.ie - not explaining it, too long & am too tired) thing going at the moment. Write a letter to their head office letting them know your experience, & they WILL get back to you & ensure you get Vouchers.

AFAIK, Apache are 'franchise-based'.

It was Four Star Pizza that the OP had the problem with, not Apache. Different company.

And yes, it's a bloody disgrace that a pizza company takes 2 whole hours to deliver. Don't most of them have a rule whereby if you don't get it in some fixed amount of time (40 mins?), it's free?

Still, hope you threw it back in his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Bard wrote: »
    It was Four Star Pizza that the OP had the problem with, not Apache. Different company.

wooops - if it's 4* ...... yeah, I;d say forget it .... they are the WORST for complaints, makes Domino's look reasonable!!!

(also deleted my original repsonse post, cos that was a total epic fail n00b <3 moment there! cheers Bardie!!!) :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

anniehoo wrote: »
    This country honestly has the worst customer service i have ever seen!

Much expereince of ordering pizza at lunch time in other countries?

Anything over 45 minutes is shocking. Never experienced it that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

It was the fact that they asked me to pay after waiting 2 hours and the pizza truly was revolting! Im just shocked at how they think thats acceptable! He blamed the rain for the delay...on a motorbike...like its only been raining for 3 months solid, have they not figured that out yet :rolleyes: Ah well lesson learned!

Actually the funny part of the whole thing was,when i got through they managed to transfer me to another customer also waiting ages for his pizza and he was giving out to me until we realised we were both customers ...John from Irish Life i hope ye got yours too haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

It was the fact that they asked me to pay after waiting 2 hours and the pizza truly was revolting! Im just shocked at how they think thats acceptable! He blamed the rain for the delay...on a motorbike...like its only been raining for 3 months solid, have they not figured that out yet :rolleyes: Ah well lesson learned!

Four Star were once AWESOME. They got sloppy when competition kept increasing.

Right now, GodFather, PapaJoes & Pizzahut get my business - everyone else lost it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Four star are also franchised. Which branch?

Ballsbridge!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

ven0m wrote: »
    (also deleted my original repsonse post, cos that was a total epic fail n00b <3 moment there! cheers Bardie!!!) :-D

No worries, I quoted it anyway - wouldn't want your silliness going un-documented now, would we? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Ballsbridge!

A Head Office owned one - their flagship, until recently their busiest store. Used to know the manager but no longer, however I'd call after five today and you should get the senior manager and talk to him/her. You should at least be able to garner some vouchers or a free lunch.

nipplenuts wrote: »
    some vouchers or a free lunch.

Nah thanks! After that yoke i ate earlier :eek: i wont be eating any of their stuff again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Nah thanks! After that yoke i ate earlier :eek: i wont be eating any of their stuff again!

If it was rank then what did you eat it for ?
    Thats madness ...

craichoe wrote: »
    If it was rank then what did you eat it for ?
    Thats madness ...
    I was starving, what a ridiculous question to ask! I hadnt eaten since 7am this morning! Im hardly goin to look at it and do nothing after waiting 2 hrs for it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I was starving, what a ridiculous question to ask! I! :

How is it ridiculous? You eat any ****e put in front of you because your hungry? It's not the only place in Ballsbride to eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Our office tried to order pizza for lunch today and they wouldn't take our order. Said they had too many orders in and the rain was making delivery times longer than usual. not sure which pizza place it was.

Stekelly wrote: »
    It's not the only place in Ballsbride to eat.

Well how insightful are you today eh? Of course im aware theres plenty of other places to eat...i wanted a pizza..i wanted it quickly so i ordered one. I didnt know i was going to be waiting 2 hours did i.And..yes when ye havent eaten in over 7 hours you'd eat sh*t food too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

OP perhaps it passed you by but today there has been really really bad flooding in Dublin, and the rain has been extremely heavy, making it dangerous for people on scooters, i'd imagine!

I'm not defending 4* - I think they are muck - but the rain is a valid "excuse", however they should have been straight with you from the start and told you it wouldn't be with you in less than an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

MMMmmmm... Pizza I'm hungry now!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

For what it's worth I've never ever had a problem with Domino's... I'd write a letter to Four Star's head office and copy the local branch manager on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Can I hijack this thread with a pizza related question?

I got a menu through my letterbox yesterday for Domino's.

All over it, it states 'no delivery charge'.

BUT down in the corner it says "carry out specials"...

So for a large Hawaiian from the main menu, with 'no delivery charge' costs Eur20.

If you ring it in and collect it from their 'carryout special' it would set you back Eur17.

Am i missing something here?
    How can they claim there is no delivery charge when there are two different prices for the same pizza?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Because it's a "special", not the normal price. Godfathers do this too at lunchtime. Perfectly understandable when you consider how busy they are, and that many of their delivery drivers are doing that job as a nixer in the evenings.

"Free delivery" is a bit of a misnomer anyway...you always feel obliged to tip the driver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

.And..yes when ye havent eaten in over 7 hours you'd eat sh*t food too!

No, I sure as hell would not. It'd sling the horrible food and spend 10 mins more (not a lot if you've waited 7 hours anyway) and get somethign else.

Normal people would have rang after and hour or so and if they couldnt guarentee it within about 10-20 mins told them to leave it. Then rang Dominos or somewhere else. I've done that a few times with food orders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

4 star is got to be the worst plase to get pizza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

pizza here isnt great no matter where you get it. And it's way over priced compared to other countries.

No, I sure as hell would not. It'd sling the horrible food and spend 10 mins more (not a lot if you've waited 7 hours anyway) and get somethign else.

Normal people would have rang after and hour or so and if they couldnt guarentee it within about 10-20 mins told them to leave it. Then rang Dominos or somewhere else. I've done that a few times with food orders.

+1 Its not like you in the middle of nowhere, just stroll down to a centra and get a roll or salad

craichoe wrote: »
    +1 Its not like you in the middle of nowhere, just stroll down to a centra and get a roll or salad
    You're gas! Presumably you're just allowed take random lunch breaks out of your building whenever ya want!
    Normal people would have rang after and hour or so and if they couldnt guarentee it within about 10-20 mins told them to leave it.
    Normal people? You're crackin me up too! If you'd read my previous posts thats what i did do..they answered after approx 40 mins or so...but transferred me to another customer also on the line so i didnt get to speak to someone to ask them that question! God..you must have very very low standards if you'd put up with service like that!

You're gas! Presumably you're just allowed take random lunch breaks out of your building whenever ya want!

Presumably your workplace doesn't offer a canteen facility. In that case you NEED to eat and not eat crap either. Id ask my boss "Is it ok if i pop out for a sandwich as four star didnt deliver my food" and i'd eat it at my desk.

You need to eat, that doesnt mean eating something that tastes like dry dog shíte

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

penexpers wrote: »
    Our office tried to order pizza for lunch today and they wouldn't take our order. Said they had too many orders in and the rain was making delivery times longer than usual. not sure which pizza place it was.

Would have thought that would be better than them giving you their word and not showing up for two hours..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Well that's just silly, not half as silly as expecting to get a pizza within 30 minutes at lunch time though.

Anytime between lunchtime (1-2pm) wouldve been fine...oh..dya know what im bored justifying my rant here now with randomers who obviously dont see why its not acceptable to wait over 2 hours for a cold pizza!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Anytime between lunchtime (1-2pm) wouldve been fine...oh..dya know what im bored justifying my rant here now with randomers who obviously dont see why its not acceptable to wait over 2 hours for a cold pizza!
    Nobody said it was.

Advertisement