Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Molluscum Treatment

Options
  • 05-09-2008 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hey

Not sure if this is the right area to post but here it goes.
    4 year has what seems to be (diagonosed by gp) Molluscum Contagiosum wart like spots on her leg and they are in a yuck cluster. Does anyone know any natural cures or remedies etc as im told that they wont touch them on a child under 10 and she's going mad scratching and possibly spreading them. I have E45 to relieve the itch and annoyance but i just wanna get rid of the feckers!!!

Saw this website nearly tempted to give it a go. Any Advice.

http://www.amoils.com/molluscum-contagiosum.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Go back to your dr and ask for somthing for the itching.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Hi Katzy,

I understand your concern as my daughter had it from age 18months until she was about 3. We were extremely worried as it was on her face (specifically nose and corner of eye). We consulted 3 different GP's and finally Dermatoligist Consultant at Our Lady's Crumlin and on each occasion were assured that it would clear after maybe 12-24 months. They said it was a temporary immunity deficiency that would eventually fight back and push out the foreign bodies.

At the time we were sceptical however sure enough that's exactly what happened and my little girl is now 4 and now theMolluscum seems a distant memory. Not even a mark, scar or anything.

If you are concerened what I would suggest is rather than seeking GP or alternative advice is go to a Dermatoligist Consultant.

Best of luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement