Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car stereo installation

Options
  • 05-09-2008 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

hi, just bought a new car stereo, i need to fit into my car (nothing there at the moment)
    can you recomend a car audio instalation company to install stereo in drogheda

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

im in d same situation in drogheda, thinkin of jst goin up to halfords, but id say any motor factors wud do it, try d fair green

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

wjat type of car is it? some are simple plug and play jobs, others require an ISO adapter and a facia for the dash where the old radio was removed.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭mcmc

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    im in d same situation in drogheda, thinkin of jst goin up to halfords, but id say any motor factors wud do it, try d fair green

Halfords wont install a radio unless you buy it from them. Well thats how they are in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

all you have to do is by the adaptor in halford and its a polug and play get the make of radio and make of car bring to halfords buy the connector €20ish and plug it in done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mynameis.

Halfords wont do it if its not something they have sold, neither will fairgreen.
    What do you mean stretchaq??? I know it could be a simple thing to insall a radio but not to me... no clue about such things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

Installed a radio in a friends Corolla last week. Goto your nearest Motorfactors (Halfords or otherwise). Ask for Autoleads ISO radio lead for your make of car.

If the old radio is out then half the work is done. Plug 1 end of lead you purchased into the plastic plugs that should be in radio area of car. The other end will fit into new stereo assuming it's ISO compatible - most are. Don't forget the aerial cable - obvious again where this goes.

Screws or pop in clips is all thats required usually to hold radio in place.

Advertisement