Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miami Ink

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Will wrote: »
    Basically what she and allen falkner said in the film is that it was detrimental to her life and impeded her, therefore it was more mutilation than art.
    I agree, when piercings or ink interfere with your life on a negative note then it's time to re-anaylse and ask yourself why.

So far, the worst I've ever gotten is people coming up and touching my lobes, general curiosity it seems gets the better of people and personal space goes out the window, along with manners.

Lawl. I always get 'can I do you in the ear'. 'Or can i penetrate your ear with my finger.'

Hmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

Basically what she and allen falkner said in the film is that it was detrimental to her life and impeded her, therefore it was more mutilation than art.

my hole. sorry, but that whole thing fu[ked me right off. All these stupid looking "modified" blokes, who claim that this is what they consider beautiful, with young, model-y looking women on the arm?

"oh it impedes her, so it was wrong"

pah! like looking like a cat never impeded yer man. These twerps need to man up and admit that for them men are people and women are women, and the rules are different. jesus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I don't think it's a sexist issue at all. As far as i remember (haven't watched it in a while) she didn't like it and was stopping her from getting work. That was the main motivation behind getting it removed. Whether she is a male or female has nothing to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

I wasn't talking about *her* motivation, I was speaking about the attitudes of these heavily modified men with their lightly-if-at-all girlfriends....

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

i watch it for the tattoos, not for the 2/3 of the show that consist of "i'm getting this tribal dragonfly to represent my love for my long lost cousin three times removed"

it seems you are not allowed to go onto the show if you do not have a decent backstory to your tattoo involving cancer/death/a new beginning.

and i used to adore Kat, but now i think she's an arrogant bitch. her work is incredible but her attitude leaves much to be desired. she was much nicer in the earlier episodes

• Advertisement

Fad wrote: »
    NOM NOM NOM NOM

She's in the new Alkaline Trio video oddly.

¬_¬ one of my all time favourite bands that have completely crappified themselves and then they go and put her in their new video. i think they're intentionally trying to piss me off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

We all are Tread softly :pac:

Yeah afaik miami ink and all those shows you need to have a big backstory, same for dublin ink and their website, they specifically requested people to have deep meaningful stories for gettink inked. I just wanted work off good tattoo artists :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

We all are Tread softly :pac:

Yeah afaik miami ink and all those shows you need to have a big backstory, same for dublin ink and their website, they specifically requested people to have deep meaningful stories for gettink inked. I just wanted work off good tattoo artists :(

Same. Only part on one of my tattoos has some kind of meaning. Everything else is just pretty!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

I like Miami Ink better than LA ink or London Ink.I think Kat has let the fame get to her,she is a good artist but not the best.Her attitude does leave a lot to be desired.And the main man on Lodon Ink who thinks he knows it all and wont let the tattooists be themselves.I think the reason Miami Ink works is that all the guys seem to get on well together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 jonh2828

Dublin ink should be open in Dec 08 i hear. some 1 told me that 1 of the dudes going to work there is on of the best in europe. dont no how to get on the waiting list. should be cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'll apply for it if i find out how.
    I hope its not flooded with with skanks and their tramp stamps.

This is going to be aired right?
    Or is it just cleverly named?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 jonh2828

it is as far as i no. kinda 3rd hand info, a friend of a friend of a friend is the owner!!!! they hope to run it on main stream irish tv like tv3 ect, heard they were talking to tlc discovery also.. we need some good irish real life show to put us on the map! hope they are real buzzers. could u imagine !!?? hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

¬_¬ one of my all time favourite bands that have completely crappified themselves and then they go and put her in their new video. i think they're intentionally trying to piss me off

To be fair the new album isnt really that great*, it was weird when i saw that video

*I of course refer to the utter tedium of ''In Vein''

Great band live though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Photograph ftw

Fad wrote: »
    To be fair the new album isnt really that great*, it was weird when i saw that video

*I of course refer to the utter tedium of ''In Vein''

Great band live though

after that woeful album they had to do a lot to salvage themselves at their gig.

oh and will surely you can come up with a tattoo that represents your deep and meaningful love for kittens and traffic cones?

Advertisement